Where You Are Photos (2019)

Good man. You have done well padawan.

2 Likes

Surveying a spot for a solar install.

2 Likes

Probably not under the trees…just say’n…let me know if you need any more advice. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Flying NZ - National Flying Championships 2019 at North Shore Airport.

I popped in randomly with the baby to see what was going on - I think there’s some formation stuff on tomorrow, might see if I can make it. Nothing too exciting today but it was still nice to watch the planes in the pattern and have a chat with people.

A bit of a collection: a couple of Robins, a Beech, a couple of Pipers (I think) and a Cessna:

Looked up the rego - apparently the yellow and white item here is a kit plane called Vans RV-8:

An old Tomahawk:

Tecnam P2008

3 Likes

When you get done with your training, you will have to take me flying. I’ll buy the beers afterwards :sunglasses:.

1 Like

X-Plane 11 is pretty awesome! What’s your settings?
:laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve been in one of those. Fantastic little machine. One of my favourites.

3 Likes

Deal :sunglasses:

First week om my first job since graduation, seems like the bus will pass here twice a day :sunglasses:

5 Likes

OK…but do you think the guy in the yellow jacket will be there every time? :wink:

Or perhaps, “Look @Troll! They have pieced together enough pieces from my crashes to build a Viggen on a stick!”

More likely, “Well there is one Viggen I can’t put into the ground.”

2 Likes

He sure didn’t seem as stationary as the Viggen, but I will keep an eye out for him!

2 Likes

You should see how stationary a Viggen can be when I get done with it! :laughing:

I see that you are new. Welcome. By way of background, a few months back, when I was first learning the Viggen DCS module, I had a number of unfortunate “accidents” and got myself and wingman, shot down, more than a few times. (Well once was when he ran out of fuel on final…I really don’t think that was my fault). @Troll began keeping count because, as he informed me, the number of Viggens produced was not huge and at the rate I was going, I would burn through them in the near term.

Properly admonished, I began to be more careful with the Viggen…although I still manage a fatal approach turn stall on occasion.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Haha, figured there was a story behind this :wink:

1 Like

All Star game must be in town. Ramp is full of big iron…

2 Likes

I totally forgot that was going on this weekend! I remember very well the last time it was in Charlotte…

…in 1991…

1 Like

Indycar practice this week at Circuit of the Americas. Should be a great race.

6 Likes

Fantastic shots! Hope you have a great time there

Good to see them on a road course.

Ditto. I’ll admit though, after trying out oval track racing in an IndyCar thanks to iRacing, I have a newfound appreciation for it. It’s a huge test of nerves to keep the car going that fast, in that tight of quarters.

Testing was interesting as everyone’s figuring out their lines and setups for the course. I think I only ended up with about 10 frames out of close to 1K with two cars in frame. It seemed like everyone was giving each other plenty of space to work and test. It’ll be interesting to see how things go the actual race weekend here in a few weeks.

1 Like

Nice winter day

Hope that link works , -3 celcius , sunny :slight_smile: nice to be outside

2 Likes