Where You Are Photos (2019)

LOL!
Quite true…

Oh… The Kona has an HUD.
Small, yes, but its retractable!

1 Like

It is my understanding that while fossil fuel is still used for generating most of our electricity, you still are emitting less pollutants per mile travelled than if you use a gas/petrol/diesel vehicle. I’ll have to dig into that a little deeper to find a source.

Anyway, after driving an EV for the past 6 months, I can tell you that I absolutely love it.

2 Likes

I love it too- the sound on ignition is so similar to Wall-E waking up that I seriously adore that car.
That said it’s so much above my budget that I don’t kid myself…

Plum Crazy Purple that Plymouth Hemi 'Cudas were painted in back in the early 70’s (RIP). I rather love it myself.

1970-plymouth-hemi-cuda

2 Likes

This is accurate, and even taking into account manufacturing energy expenditures, cradle to grave, electric cars are more environmentally friendly.

Source: https://www.ucsusa.org/sites/default/files/attach/2015/11/Cleaner-Cars-from-Cradle-to-Grave-full-report.pdf

Funny you mention this- I was just in a meeting where we were talking about this. While we don’t have large-scale infrastructure set up yet for recycling batteries, the material values are so high that it’s incredibly unlikely you’ll see storage batteries for cars or stationary sources being just thrown away. And somebody down the road is going to make an absolute killing collecting and refurbishing them.

4 Likes

Thanks for the link!

I stumbled across the Union of Concerned Scientists website just a couple of hours ago. They have an EV emissions tool, so I plugged in the details of my car:

I scrubbed out my zip code, but these figures are for a small town in Texas (an oil/gas producing State).

2 Likes

and it’s been interesting to see how much Texas has been going all-in for wind energy, and in some parts (including your region), solar as well. We’re waiting to see what your muni does with storage, since that’s on their radar for the near future.

1 Like

I think this part of Texas is quite progressive in many ways.

I really need to look at getting a solar solution, and maybe a Tesla Power Wall (or something similar).

2 Likes

Start here:

And for potential grants/ tax credits/ programs to help pay for it, you can look here:

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks very much for the info!

2 Likes

1 Like

Is your dog broke?

1 Like

No, just his tail. Doing self-care on it after yet another breakout of excitement-induced Happy Tail (it happens at least a couple of times a week, it seems).

1 Like

Some of my babies…

EDIT: If you want to know more Google " Superbike 2019 Safety Car".
You’ll see them complete, all wrapped and spit-shined.

4 Likes

Nice babbies you got there m8 :smiley:

2 Likes

Yep, not too shabby. :wink:
But boy am I glad to see them go…

EDIT: Can’t actually show the Kona yet… NDA and such.

3 Likes

Poop.

2 Likes

You going to have enough time there to let it pass over or will you be out of there before it hits?

Squeaked out right before…but all the high altitude routes were shut down. They kept us at 10,000 all the way down south, cut across the line at the tapered end around BWI and brought us in to Dulles. We were clear of the front until crossing a low spot near BWI. Caught a good bit of turbulence there…enough to knock the autopilot off. The DC prohibited areas didn’t let us deviate the way we wanted too (South)…so we had to take the beating. Win some / lose some. Lots of routes got closed down though…lots of planes going back to their gates…so at least we got out of there.

2 Likes