Where You Are Photos

I rotated the tires on my old car and changed out the front brake rotors on my new used car today. I bloody love air tools now. I learned that I have to watch my impact wrench use as the damn thing is POWERFUL! Over-torquing is way too easy to do.

2 Likes

Oh no… Impact wrenches are not meant for fastening… I use em for fastening but that’s a slight blip on the trigger so that the bolts will run in all the way but no torque will be applied(well, run-on torque obviously).

Using the uggadugga for putting in bolts will ruin your day when you have to undo them! Unless you do it on the daily use a normal ratchet and torquewrench! :slight_smile:

Couple more shots from our weekend in Port Macquarie:

6 Likes

How was the smell near the flying fox colony?

1 Like

“Pungent”

We were just lucky it wasn’t raining!

3 Likes

My TrackIR 3 Pro bracket has gotten a bit wonky after a 13 years of use, it was also designed for those old CRT screens. I figured I’d either 3D print something new or hackjob it. Walking around the hardware store I realized I need Mecano, although these furniture brackets were quite cheap and do the job!

4 Likes

Big hail storm just now!

4 Likes

I’ve spent 40 of the last 120 hours in this ■■■■■■■ car, but at least I still get more F-111s than @Bogusheadbox

11 Likes

One of our dragon boat races. I’m near the back of the “engine room”. I think we can identify one of the reasons we got edged out of the medals (came in 4th)…dude totally stopped paddling a few times, and he’s a young gun! Dang…

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, at You Are Here:

Another night in the books…gotta reach my coffin before sunrise… :bat:

6 Likes

The veiw from our new bedroom window

10 Likes

And sitting in the front garden with my feet up

8 Likes

You are making me feel homesick ! On the occasions where I make it back to the UK it always strikes me just how green it is. Texas is somewhat brown in comparison. :wink:

Hope you like your new place! Hopefully there is a pub just around the corner? :beers:

1 Like

The pub is about 20paces away :grinning: we are off over there for lunch

7 Likes

Awesome! Have a pint for me while you are over there!

3 Likes

U.S.S. Manchester commissioning today here in Portsmouth, NH

6 Likes

Is that a heli-deck and hangar on the back?

Oh…it is…cool…unique shape to that ship…

That has to be the ugliest warship ever. I’m sure she is very capable, but :crazy_face:.

4 Likes