Where You Are Photos

It’s like saying”Beetlejuice”…I made the mistake of saying “LaGuardia” this morning.

2 Likes

What’s it like flying in a very crowded space like New York?

Next time say “weee wooo weee woo, ambulance incoming!” :wink:

Busy. The controllers are arguably some of the best in the world. They really manage traffic well. They are snappy, don’t suffer fools, and make maximum use of their crowded airspace. They treat us “MEDEVACS” really well.

3 Likes

Umm where’s the sauce and bread and sausage and turkey and ribs and…

Well you get the idea. BBQ is a serious business down here in Texas.

1 Like

Chicken Rice, national dish of Singapore

Unfortunately the picture can’t convey the amazing smells of the hawker market or the ear splitting sound of Singaporean F-15s circling overhead.

8 Likes

I’m from North Carolina, where we pretty much created American barbecue, so we take it seriously as well. :wink: But we can save that that for another thread.

Plus, I let Dr. Girlfriend take the lead on what we ordered, since she lived in Austin for a very long time.

Also try the Black Pepper Crab

Yes! The Sichuan pepper crab in particular is amazing!

These guys will give you a run for your BBQ money …

2 Likes

Visited the Cloud Forest Dome today, really impressive from a technical standpoint and every bit as beautiful from the aesthetic.

Outside they have the ‘Super Tree Grove’ but couldn’t get too close as there was a thunderstorm looming and health and safety runs strong out here.

10 Likes

Nice! Have you popped in at Raffles for a Singapore Sling and some peanuts yet?

3 Likes

You know…I did when i was there…

it was OK…the Singapore Sling was like $12, so I drank it slow. :grin:

…the peanuts were good. Our hosts took us to the “Straits Kitchen” (Grand Hyatt)…a great, must-national buffet…although I’d stay away from their “homemade durian ice cream” for desert…seriously. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The Singapore Eye is also fun.

Me (3rd from left) and my team. I like the “No Exit” sign above the door…as if the 30+ stories drop wasn’t the first clue. :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Yeah they sure weren’t cheap - I guess that’s just Singapore for you, though!

A fun place to visit but I don’t think I’d want to live there - there are good jobs around but I think I’d get cabin fever in the concrete jungle.

3 Likes

What purpose was there for those doors? Is there an outdoor elevator that you can exit using them?

Wheels

I didn’t forget about you guys, just real work got in the way of fun work.

11 Likes

@jenrick what graphics setting are you running to get Assetto Corsa looking that good?

7 Likes

That looks like a fun kind of work though :wink:

Sliders all the way right with a mod called “reality” lol

1 Like