Where You Are Photos

Jagdschloss Burg Linn in Krefeld, Germany

10 Likes

Liquid snow!

Where did you live in Korea? I was up north of Uijonbu for a year. The day I arrived in mid-November, two little boys were out playing in rice paddies with just shorts on and it was snowing like crazy. I would love to go back and see how it has changed over 40 years!

I visited in 2010, but in the summer and it was hot!

Fortunately they had cold beers…BIG cold beers.

5 Likes

Where is supplemental soju?

2 Likes

I was in Seoul as a dependent for two years. We lived in Hannam Village. That was…jeez…1980-82…where’d the time go? I remember their snow was always flaked with little charcoal bits from the heating bricks they used under their floors.

Forgive the necro, but @chipwich, was this the Mon-Fri cruise Thanksgiving week of 2016? If so, my family and I were on the boat with you. My only cruise so far, not courtesy of Uncle Sam, but a lot of fun!

Yeah man, I think it was that week, probably because we had the in-laws with us. We’ve been on two more since then. The ports of call are starting to become more canned and less of an adventure, but the boat let’s mom and dad act irresponsibly for long periods, while the kids are reasonably well looked after and entertained. I think that we’ll probably go skiing this spring instead now that they are a little older. That’s something we can all do as a family and all have a great time doing it.

That time of year again…sim sessions!

8 Likes

Years back a friend mine was the CO of the Army/USAF squadron in Stuttgart that flew all the USEUCOM Generals and Admirals about. He had something similar for the C-12 which, as you know, is a Kingair.

He wasn’t worried about the check ride…I’ll pass along his advice…something about “Keep the needles in the green. If you really have to you can go into the yellow. Don’t go into the red.”

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Enjoying an awesome show by The Hip Abduction at The Visulite theater in downtown Charlotte…

2 Likes

I play the bass guitar, but I will never be as good as him.

That guy has true bass player spirit

2 Likes

Maybe he’s doing the solo from Young Stuff.:smile:

1 Like

Interesting thing last night…the guy on the far left (in the picture - left of the sax player) was insanely good. In addition to his normal guitar, he also played a mandolin, and some weird type of guitar (I still don’t know what it is) where it sits in his crotch and extends forward and he uses both fingers to pick the strings. It was awesome. Anyway, in one song, the dude was ripping and he broke a string. While he played, he reached behind him, got a new string, restrung the guitar, and tuned it all while playing with the band. I’ve never seen anything like it. Maybe it is a normal skill, but it blew me away…

He is the guitarist on the left in this video:

Oh…I found a clip of the dude playing that odd guitar - what is it? Again, on the left. Also…check him and the drummer at 5:15 they start riffing off each other. It was really great live…

3 Likes

Hooking me up to the catapult…errrr…

7 Likes

Not a carrier hangar…too clean. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Rochester, NY…you made me laugh…

2 Likes

3 Likes

Cold ride yesterday morning. Looking towards the Brecon Beacons.

Up top

11 Likes

Interesting. Looks like a traditional instrument, I would have guessed Asia, but according to Google it is either a Kora or a Kale Ngoni from Africa.

Some interesting blends, this music!

1 Like