Where You Are Photos

Oh boy, how big is the manual for this Garmin stuff? Looks quite comlex.

r

3 Likes

r indeed.

Is this a work sim? Or someone’s beautiful home cockpit?

The modern version of the “paper tiger” aka cockpit poster. They are actually pretty neat for systems and procedures training, especially when you are in initial type training. This one looks a bit more advanced than the one I have used in the past though (they usually don’t have any view outside the cockpit).

2 Likes

Yeah - like @PaulRix said - it is a cockpit systems trainer…so it basically just emulates a cockpit to allow people to practice things without being in a full motion ($$$) simulator. Great for initial students. The one I pictured is (I think) a King Air 300/350 setup. The touchscreens make it so you configure it to whatever airplane you want.

Unfortunately, we got in the full motion simulator this morning - and it was broken. So they cancelled my training for the day (or I might be back in there at 2AM…who knows…).

Good morning, hometown:

1 Like

Ah…the Bottle Opener building…! I’ve been on that road…

1 Like

Used to be part of the city 10k/ half marathon/ marathon course… Murder on Morehead, because that hill climb was always the last mile of the races.

Symphony with The Wife, kiddos, and Granny Ma.

3 Likes

LOL, one of the chorus members posted this on my facebook post of the picture above:

Can’t quite make out which pixels are me and the fam, however.

1 Like

Burn through.

1 Like

Gonna be a fun day…

6 Likes

El Capitan for Rogue One. Amazing movie.

3 Likes

Hope that your day is going well @BeachAV8R. Heading out now to play a lacrosse game in that.

1 Like

That’s a pretty model, which X-plane developer made it?! :wink:

1 Like

You might need two sets of clothes. Shorts and t-shirt for the east side of that weather, then gloves and mittens for when it passes…! Wow…

1 Like

Hola from Texas. If i weren’t amused I’d be fairly annoyed.

But I’m daggon amused

2 Likes

What is going on in your dirty car?

The number in the middle is the temperature in Fahrenheit. It’s ~-8° celcius outside. Lol Texas

2 Likes

At first I thought it was a motorcycle and it was 18F…LOL…

2 Likes