Where You Are Photos

Oh nice, after a few days you can start ice skating!

I don’t get it. minus 8 degrees Celsius?
That’s the temperature at which I think about closing my jacket.
…and also the official end of the outdoor pool season in Norway.
…wait…in fact I think that last one isn’t true…
Where @Sargoth lives minus 10 degrees is the temperature at which girls think about wearing shirts over their bikinis.

-8? I’d only close my jacket if the sun isn’t out. Or perhaps rain. It’s a fine temperature! Why are people so opposed to it?!

Me personally? I’m a damned northerner. I threw on a hooded sweatshirt and neglected to zip it up, then went on scraping the frost from my car.

But as this is Texas where the mean temperature is Apocalyptic Degrees, and it was 70, er, 21 degrees Friday, it’s cause for a bit of hullabaloo.

1 Like

About sums up summer here

1 Like

Water freezes at about 60 degrees Fahrenheit here in Tucson, so we have to be bundled up well before then. Sweaters and long pants aren’t uncommon at 70 degrees, gloves and fuzzy headwear are in full force by the low 60s. I don’t know what happens at 50 and below since we don’t venture outside at that point, but I imagine it looks something like this:

5 Likes

Ice. Skating.

best thing ever!

Here’s a full album

https://imgur.com/gallery/bsjiy

3 Likes

Buahaha, some of those pics are not terribly accurate but pretty funny! :smiley:

1 Like

Islands in the clouds…

Must have been bitterly cold in Ohio today - the power plants were putting out at max volume! (It was…)

A smiley face for whoever guesses this location first…

Chasing our own contrail shadow east…

Oh hey, I’ve been there! (the second pic)

I wanna know who lives downwind from that power plant stack…

1 Like

Judging by the alignment of the earth and the sun, the Ohio river, and the moon…

I believe the answer is @Deadmeat, so no great loss there.

At least half of that is just condensation coming off the cooling towers.

Thanks for the sentiment @near_blind. That does look like the power plant in Ohio right at the Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky boarder. The question is, is the sun rising or setting in that picture?

1 Like

Apparently, we chose the perfect spot for the brewery :slight_smile: But what is the big bright flaming planet overhead surround by blue sky?

3 Likes

Considering the river’s on the north side of the plant, I believe rising, But It’s been two years since I’ve been in that neck of the woods.

The Lonely Mountain :sunglasses:

7 Likes

If the sun is rising and that is the Ohio river, then the plane is over Kentucky and that is not the Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky meeting point. If it is looking south it still does not match the area, there would be another plant to the west of that one. It could be further east along the river, or it is not the Ohio river at all. I would be interested to know where it was taken at, @BeachAV8R?

1 Like

2 Likes

Went for a ride in this guy today:

8 Likes