Where You Are Photos

Most fun you can have.

2 Likes

Yes. Nice helmet :slight_smile:

The Mudspike Engineer Mafia just got boners. Pretty cool system.

2 Likes

Yeah - it probably is, but might not be. I was surprised at how fully outfitted many of the other aircraft were. The A-7 cockpit was basically fully intact. And the EA-6B that is on the ramp was flown in from Cherry Point last year and “de-militarized” but I think almost everything else is still in there. Amazing actually. I wish I could have gotten into that EA-6B cockpit…mmm…delicious…

2 Likes

I hope it isn’t, I love seeing old aircraft being given a little love. Bit of oil on the strut, nitrogen in the tyre every 2 months. A wash down once or twice a year. Some protective covers if need be etc :slight_smile:

The guy who is in charge of the museum said they are getting close to having the funding to put some of the birds in a big hangar. That’d be awesome. The UV light is just eating up everything rubber and plastic on those jets.

He also said the museum is getting a P-3 Orion in the fall…! DCS: Orion anyone?

3 Likes

Ah, that makes me so so sad… I should go volunteer at the local museum…

Many of the canopies have anti UV/heat wraps on them. But I guess there is only so much you can do. The Piedmont of North Carolina isn’t quite as good a preservative as the desert of Arizona…

2 Likes

yeah, the seal’s and paint/coatings will still start to crack eventually. It’s a sad state of affairs. They need a nice comfy air-conditioned hangar!

1 Like

Yeah…nice to see that paint scheme! I think there is someone running around with the Pan Am logo too if I’m not mistaken…

1 Like

8 Likes

The Citation nose and front windows always look so hughe! Do they feel massive when flying?

I don’t think there is a jet out there with better visibility than a 500 series Citation (well, short of an F15/16 :wink: ).

It can get pretty warm up front though (especially if you want to keep your passengers at a comfortable temperature).

1 Like

Where am I based on this for lunch?

1 Like

They are very large…and offer very good visibility. The penalty, as @PaulRix has mentioned, is that it is a bit of a greenhouse up there. We are usually hot, adjust the temperature down, and our passengers end up in an icy tomb in the back…LOL… I’d kill for dual zone heat controls in the Citation…

2 Likes

The Windy City … Hmm, that Pizza restaurant just around the corner from Atlantic Aviation in Midway? Goirdanos maybe?

1 Like

This guy has been around…! Right on every account except we are at Signature MDW… That is a true corporate pilot there…! Nice job…

1 Like

1 Like

LOL, I am not sure if I should be proud of myself or consider myself to be a sad individual :wink: .

How about I bolt some of those fun Mi-8 fans in there for you? :wink:

1 Like