Where You Are Photos

Met a friend for a moonlit nightcap.

4 Likes

Sorry for my negative chime in here but look at all the crud on that grill! Yuck!

I’m a big fan of keeping my grill clean by brushing it deep with a fairly new grill brush, occasionally wiping it with a cloth and some olive oil and keeping it as non stick and rust free as possible with PAM spray.

Are those grills in upside down with the flat side up? They’re usually triangular to keep the crap off your food. As you can tell I’m not a happy camper here. :grin:

1 Like

That’s simply beautiful. :slight_smile:

Hope all went well…

So, you’re one of those guys who scrubs away all the tasty bits? :wink: :smiley:

:laughing: - Usually people are more upset by the light beer…!

Yes…it’s time to clean the grill, it has seen heavy, heavy use the past few weeks. Those grates are in need of replacement, they are actually starting to warp with some rust flaking (a bit more iron in the diet?)… I promise I’ll keep the new ones clean. I did just replace the burner “baffles” or whatever they are called on the bottom.

Finished the P-51 yesterday. It’s been a lot of fun doing this. Now I’m looking at even more kits to get :sweat_smile:

Still need to put on markings though

[edit]
Markings are on

5 Likes

4 Likes

Yup. No. 112th Squadron, Italy, 1945.

2 Likes

Is this a meat measuring contest? I present kobe beer. A $150 meal for one.

7 Likes

Recovery beer after cycling two laps of the Circuit of the Americas F1 track. Next time I want to do it in a car. It would certainly be fun in my Mini Cooper S.

5 Likes

Oh what fun - I will be in Austin later this week!

I still haven’t made it to COTA. Looks like a fun track.

When and for how long?

I bet COTA is a blast when you are driving something faster than a bicycle :wink: .

1 Like

In Thursday, wedding Saturday, out on Monday. I’ve not been to the track, only seen it from the air when flying out. Is there a Sunday event?

It doesn’t look like it. They are just advertising a track tour (which you might enjoy of course).

Unfortunately I am leaving for a big trip early on Saturday morning (AAR to follow), which also wipes out Friday. Otherwise I would have suggested meeting up for a cold beverage. Maybe next time.

Rooftop star party at The Durham Hotel. Too hazy to see most of the stars, but we could see Jupiter and several moons.

5 Likes

@chipwich will know where I am…!

1 Like

Enjoy Chris. What’s on the menu?

Cycling in the warm summer rain last Sunday:

2 Likes