Where You Are Photos

What a view!

Did someone say hops?

Taste testing the Gray Man Stout. IMO, fairly balanced between coffee and chocolate, with a slight lean towards coffee. Needs another week of fermenting/carbonation, but the essence of a good beer is evident.

5 Likes

Is that Leblon?

Close, I’m at Copacabana Beach.

2 Likes

Is that one perchance named for the famous hurricane - predicting ghost of Pawleys Island?

1 Like

Ah! It’s been 13 years, so the memory is a bit fuzzy. :slight_smile:

I need to go back there.

1 Like

Right you are sir. Hopefully, his spirit will want to keep safe his namesake brew :slight_smile:

- YouTube

2 Likes

5 Likes

“This… is a simple game. You throw the ball. You hit the ball. You catch the ball. You got it?”

4 Likes

I love minor league baseball. Not as crowded, food options are better, and they don’t reach into your wallet to take money while you are sitting down. Just a better experience over all.

3 Likes

14 Likes

Beautiful!

I improved that second one for you. You can thank me later.

8 Likes

6 Likes

A few more from Rio De Janeiro. I really haven’t done much of the tourist thing this week, but at least I made it up to the world famous Christ the Redeemer statue. I’m not at all a religious man, but the statue was very impressive both in size (almost 100 feet tall) and the location. Building the statue at that location was a feat in itself. The view from up there was also absolutely stunning.

9 Likes

Did you abseil off it like they did on the Amazing Race? LOL… (I might be mis-remembering that that actually happened…)

Where are those? Alps? Looks like something the Tour de France would climb…

1 Like

Did you take the tram up, or did y’all climb? I remember that view being humbling. Also did you notice the tiny chapel at the base?

Brunch. They mix bourbon and caçacha. This is going to be dangerous.

2 Likes

I took a van up there that runs every 20 minutes from Copacabana Beach. I certainly wouldn’t want to drive myself around here… :hushed:

2 Likes

Good guess. In the alps with baguette and cheese and blisters. New hiking boots not worn in, and muggins here said “she’ll be right mate!”

1 Like