Where You Are Photos

Sunday walk to the pub.

8 Likes

Alrighty…we want to see the Sunday stumble home from the pub in a few hours…

4 Likes

You were not joking about how fun the CBR 600 is btw :wink:

Mine turns out to be a import from the USA with a uncommon colour scheme, lots of bikers comment on it! :smiley:

2 Likes

Its not far from where I have my virtual flying base, north of Blackbushe (EGLK) in deepest Berkshire.

Not quite a stagger back, sense prevailed with work tomorrow. I did need a Dad nap when I got back though. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

An early morning or a late night…sometimes it’s hard to tell which…

3 Likes

7 Likes

Some more French frolicking in the mountains.

Going to check out the ice grotto inside a glacia. Several cable cars later and a bit if a walk the glacia started at 3klms up.
A bit of a view.

The glacia plonked on the side of the mountain

Being summer most is melting away, but still fascinating.
Mrs Bogus and Bogus urchins in front of remnants of an ice triceratops

Bogus trying to carve an f111 into the ice
Further into the grotto, the sculptures were better preserved.

A huge crocodile about 10 meters long that would have been very impressive before melting.

Some sort of scary fish thingy

A great day out with the family. Rest of it was some walking, bungee trampolines and back to crack open a cold one…
Blisters will get a workout tomorrow

7 Likes

WILL BE in Grand Junction Colorado, September 30th - Oct 1st for the:

Grand Junction Air Show 2017

1 Like

These photo’s are a great window into our lives and what I get from this thread is how much the great outdoors features.

Last one from Rio, looking down Ipanema Beach.

9 Likes

Family trip up to Mt Baker, WA again today. We’ve had some horrible forest fire smoke hanging around for the last couple of weeks (that I’m sure @SiThSpAwN can confirm) so it was just great to get some alpine meadow air.

Cloudy but still quite a bit of snow on the trails.

Dog and Gene Replacement Unit #2 completely ignoring my advice to go in the ice caves. It’s why we had two kids I guess.

9 Likes

4 Likes

This is why my Air Hauler company is in the PNW - wow…

So do you have much in the way of bears on those trails? Do you carry bear spray with you?

Any guesses?

2 Likes

The Lichterfeld F60?

2 Likes

And we have a winner.

It’s really colossal.

1 Like

Geez…it looks like a rocket gantry or something…

Not usually that high up at the moment (~6000 ft), if we went more early spring then yes (but we’d be in snowshoes anyway). The bruins are all down low munching berries at the moment, so it’s just us and the goats up high.

Where we live in the valley we bump into black bears all the time, and the dog is pretty good (if not upwind) of letting us know first. Surprise and cubs are really the only bad things that can happen, and 99% of the time the bear just rolls his/her eyes and wanders off. I’ve had some times where a big male bear will just sit on a trail and not move, and in that case I’ll either shout at it (if not that big) or we just go back and find a way around (if big). I’ve never bothered with spray or horns etc. but they aren’t a bad idea. The dog is sort of our noise maker as he crashes through the woods. Basically just don’t stealth walk your way into a pair of cubs and it’s all good.

We don’t have brown bears locally, although the pics around those mountains do. All bets are off with those guys, and I’ve never bumped in to one thank goodness. In terms of wildlife I’m actually more worried about Mountain Lions if it’s been a bad summer, as in when those guys get starving they are all sorts of grumpy cat.

I was going to go with something about Jaeger construction and Pacific Rim 2 related.

3 Likes

My Google-fu is strong :wink: