X-Plane 11 Screens

Those are some beautiful shots…!

1 Like

Thank you. New monitor (Christmas gift to self) helps a lot.

Whadjya get? I was thinking about getting one of those huge curved monitors…but I wasn’t sure how that would work with how I normally do things (playing a sim on one monitor and having a browser or .doc open on the other)…

Acer Predator with G-Sync. I’ve not been a big fan of Acer, but this one has such good reviews. When B&H put them on sale, I fell over the edge. The build quality seems to be a bit better than the usual Acer product, and it’s really fast. Couple more from different sims. It’s like cheating. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The guys over at Hawaii Photo Real Scenery have some nice pre-built orthos for X-Plane HERE. I just did some quick island hopping…but the tiles look pretty good. I don’t really have any airport scenery though, so that is lacking in my particular install…

Coming out of Kahului, Maui and heading across the North Shore…brings back great memories of our drive along that road from Kapalua to the airport on the last day of our wedding/honeymoon…

Kapalua - that second bay there has the greatest Mai Tai I’ve ever tasted at Merriman’s - I believe @chipwich might have swung through there a time or two. We stayed on the beach at the end of that first crescent of white sand. Played a round of golf at the Plantation Course with my Dad and brother on my wedding day. Mmm…great memories…

L-1011 out of Honolulu…

I should swing through the islands on my way back from Christmas Island if I could ever stop drinking the beer everyone brought in…

3 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Beauties but particularly the top one. Is that a payware airport? It looks stunning :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah…that’s Twentynine Palms (KTNP)…I really like it…

2 Likes

Freeware Bell 429 at Stewart, BC. Payware GTN 750.

8 Likes

If only there was a way to make a MilSim out of that…

The new house in the new village. Its in the hands of the solicitors ATM, hope for completion in 8 weeks. Thought it fitting that I should overfly it now I have Xplane VR3 Yaay

7 Likes

Great screens @chipwich - that first one is stunning!

Still some tweaks to make but my UHD alps work in VR with no noticeable deterioration of performance

1 Like

Herons nest, looking pretty

5 Likes

Doing some “research”…I love doing research… :smile:

4 Likes

6 Likes

Hehe… @PaulRix knows where this is!

Yep :wink: It looks as stunning as I thought it would! I’m guessing you are using Ortho scenery?

I’m using the stuff I downloaded from here:

http://zonephoto.x-plane.fr/Cartes.php