X-Plane 11 Screens

XP-11 sure looks gorgeous!

On the missed approach procedure…

4 Likes

Damn, that’s beautiful. Chipwich’s resolve weakens.

WOW lighting is absolutely out of this world.

By the way, on the picture… isn’t it the PC12 that had a number of issues with it?

Yes, and it still has issues. There IS an XP11 version out already, but I haven’t bought it yet…

How about the other PC12s available through xp.store ?

The Shade Tree one is OK…but visually and 3D modeling-wise is probably not up to the looks of the Carenado one. I haven’t tried the one listed as MSGIER-PC12…I don’t know what version it is and have not ever really seen much about it.

Carenado announced the PC-12 for XP11.x, then released v1.2 of to squash a few bugs. I believe publicly that they support 11.10. A few remain, there severity more or less subjective depending on one’s current state of anal retention. Carenado say that they won’t fix any of their XP11 a/c until 11.20 has released. I don’t own the aircraft, but am about a whisker from making the purchase.

Bugs etc discussed here:

1 Like

Great summary and update. I appreciate it because I often get lost in the weeds with regards to what is XP10, what is XP10 but works in XP11, and what is strictly XP11. To my great disappointment, last night I realized that my DreamFoil AS350 no longer works in XP11. They are working on an XP11 version…but I’ll have to pay up again.

This is a spot where the product pages NEED to do a better job. There are now three main used versions of xplane (people still use 9). The product pages need to indicate whether a product works with a version, and what it was designed for, because that’s just good practice. Shocking this doesn’t happen already really.

2 Likes

Completely agree. I can’t imagine how many refund requests sites have had to deal with because of version incompatibilities…

1 Like

That’s for sure. Simple logic would indicate it’s a conspiracy between the publisher and the org store to sell more software to an uneducated public. How is a noob suppose to make sense of it all other than getting burned? In the case of the PC-12, the latest update version for both XP10 and XP11 is v1.2. So, even in a forum discussion one has to be careful about which version is the topic of the thread.

Perhaps in the case of the org store the feeling is that it’s up to the publisher to properly title their products and indicate which version of X-Plane (11.0, 11.5, 11.11, etc) the product is certified for.

I duno but on store.xp there is Requirements tab on each product page and I can easily check whether it is compatible with XP9 or 10 or 11.

For sure it is slightly ‘hiden’ where it could be directly in the product title.

Btw this didnt stop me to think that all the DF helicopters are XP11 compatible (I probably wanted them to be). And I just checked again and they arent except that one Bell 407.

1 Like

Beach, is there any oficial statement from DF regarding this? thx

Colimata F/A-18F over Coronado. It’s nothing to write home about, but not bad if your military hanger is empty or you are overcome with Hornet frenzy.

4 Likes

I keep waiting for it to go on sale. It just hasn’t though… :frowning:

1 Like

The current version (1.51) seems to work fine with XP 11.11, except for some weird sound bugs that the developer is aware of.

2 Likes

Default XP11 LZTN. I feel no harm sending my money to LR :slight_smile:

It is not perfect :wink: but…

• river Vah is there together with the canal
  • highway is there
  • towns in the surounding area are placed corectly
  • LZTN airport looks like it should with taxiways, parking places etc.
  • default mesh looks also very good

:+1:

With the additional scenery tools it could get only beter…

4 Likes

Oh yeah…I think you will be very impressed by ortho once you get it squared away for your area…

1 Like

Checking out newly (freeware) released Puebla Hermanos Serdan (MMPB / Mexico) by Rufio (the South American equivalent to Mister X!)

Looks great with the default MD-80…

2 Likes