X-Plane 11 Screens

A couple more …

11 Likes

Great shots! For some reason past Diamonds have never really appealed to me, although I can definitely appreciate them for what they are.

That -62 though. No denying that is a beautiful bird. Must resist the temptation to snag this model up.

Resistance is futile :crazy_face:

It’s a nice airplane to fly. Great avionics, simple to operate, great to look at and pretty friendly when it comes to frame rates.

2 Likes

Performance good enough for VR?

1 Like

That’s a cool and unusual looking twin that Diamond. Never been in one…but I’d sure like to try one out sometime.

Having some fun flying the STMA Husky into the user created Mile Hi strip in Idaho (I97D). According to the poster, you need HD Mesh v4 tile +40 -120 and you’ll of course need a few of the object libraries…

Unfortunately, the strip sits exactly on a seam line for my Ortho where I don’t have the adjacent tile…so I disabled my Ortho for these screens.

The field sits up on a hillside, with lots of slope and a tricky approach. Landing uphill will require a good bit of power to match the slope prior to touchdown. An underpowered, under-energy aircraft will just smack into the hill…so save a bit of speed - you don’t really have to worry about the landing distance given the slope of the hill slowing your rollout…

Not exactly where I’d pitch my tent or park my airplanes…but it still looks kind of cool…

The downhill slope takeoff should get you off the ground in good order…but you might need some back stick if the winds are gusty to keep you in control…

Dog-legging it to the uphill landing…

Getting ready to lineup for the takeoff run…

I think the deer are assigning landing grades…

9 Likes

From those shots, I would say that Autho really wasn’t necessary. Being bandwidth limited, I have stayed away from Autho scenery and yet XP11 still looks amazing.

2 Likes

That last shot with the does all ears up and the Husky departing is wonderful.

1 Like

See, it’s screenshots like this that make me want to do some of the “civilian” type simming things. Then I realize how much money I’d probably be spending to have the content on top of the costs of additional hard drives to store it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scud Running :wink:

6 Likes

@BeachAV8R, those screens are so good and the underlying scenery is so real that I am going to criticize the reality they depict. Here goes: why would anyone risk life, limb and cheeseburger money to land on the side of a mountain only to pitch his tent right next to everyone else–and the runway no less? Geez!

2 Likes

I’m not sure that I follow. Are you questioning why individuals would pursue bush flying for the sport of it?

Nah, me just being stupid. I was questioning going through the effort and expense of flying your gear into the wilderness only to set up camp next to everyone else. As a devoted anti-social, I think pitching a tent within view of another tent is crass. A guy did that to me once and added insult by talking to his fiance on his phone until midnight. I eventually threw all my stuff into my tent and dragged it caprpetbagger-style 200 yards away. Its a bit of a tic I am afflicted with. Carry on. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve most definitely experienced it both ways. I’ve camped in places where people set up nearby and they aggravated the heck out of me. And I’ve also had some times when a lone camper (you know, the ones that murder you in novels) will set up and we’ll invite them over and have great conversation around the campfire. The last guy we did that with confessed he took shrooms prior to going to watch the Great Eclipse of 2017…fortunately he remained sane.

One of these days @Chipwich is going to buy us all Carbon Cubs so we can all fly out to Idaho together as a squadron. We’ll have patches, our own flag, our own song. And we know who’s plane will have the beer in it…!

3 Likes

I can’t I97D to work. All of the listed libraries were loaded in Custom Scenery but on load it states that some libraries are missing.

Copy SH. I was focused on the flying, and you the camping. I was thinking about a remote bush fly-in where owners admire each other’s aircraft while critiquing their flying ability, and you were questioning the logic of an escape, if you have to share it with random strangers, LOL. Have had what was supposed to be a romantic camping weekend disastrously spoiled by the Deliverance family who camped next to us. Banjos optional.

2 Likes

I get a warning that there is a problem with the scenery, but it still loads.

1 Like

For me there is a big flat cutout in the side of the mountain. Like a giant Minecraft miner removed a block from the mesh.

Arrrrrgh! I have dove down a 5 hour black hole trying to get this thing to work! It’s really weird. Even WED can’t open it unless I modify the Apt file. I wonder if he posted a corrupted update to the download link. I have never had this sort of issue with scenery before. The libraries shouldn’t be the problem. They’re just objects. The only thing that will affect drawing a slope to land on are the HD Mesh and the Mile Hi Scenery itself and I have reinstalled both several times. (Walk away, Eric! Walk away…) :slight_smile:

Hmm…I think you are going through the correct troubleshooting steps. You are using the HD Mesh v4 tile I assume? What is your log.txt saying about the scenery?

1 Like

It says I am missing /Forests/European/bush.for. That’s it. Hardly seems worth shutting down the whole show over a stupid bush. What it does not say is which library the “European Bush” resides in.

EDIT: I think my libraries are more current than his honestly. The missing asset was 'forests/Europe/bush.for. I replaced it with suitable alpine bushes from opensceneryx.