X-Plane 11 Screens

Like the model? I liked their twin otter but it had a couple issues.

Some of these shots would look good in the Elite Dangerous thread…
Amazing futuristic cockpits here.

1 Like

Commenced training in my new X-Trident Luftwaffe Tornado … thinking about cruising to Christmas Island in it.

Auf Wiedersehen Toronto!

7 Likes

I checked their support forum on XP dot org, and they seemed to have squashed most of the bugs in the latest release. So far, it works as advertised.

I had my first ride in a Hawker 800XP last week. It was nothing like that Hawker 4000… It was a bit cramped because we were on a bench seat in the back. I like driving planes better than riding in them…

2 Likes

I sure am loving my X-Plane install lately…

4 Likes

Holy Mackerel! If I could get it to look half that good I would love it too! Nice!

1 Like

Do you use TrackIR with your X-Plane 10 Beach?

Only a small percentage of the time. For no other reason than my gaming rig is in a big, open living room with a zillion light sources. There is no way to put up curtains or blinds…so my TIR is effectively out of service until the sun goes down. At night, I’ll use it if I’m bush flying in something that isn’t very complex…but for airliners and complex aircraft I don’t have the patience to use TIR if I’m having to manipulate flight director panels and knobs and stuff…which can be particularly frustrating in X-Plane where they have some knobs that have the + / - inner and outer knobs.

I wish I had a solution to my daylight TIR problem though…

Can’t help with the daylight issue. A PITA for sure,. But, I think that I can help with the patience factor. Make sure that you have Precision enabled on the TIR to smooth it, and then setup a button to toggle your TIR in XP. I think that if you go Advanced->Views, it’s about 3/4 way down through the list. A cake and eating it too situation. Keep TIR on to look outside the pit, then toggle off and use set views to jump around in the pit.

1 Like

Turn the led gain way up. I’ve been able to play with the sun directly on me through the window with no problems.

You using the hat or or the headphone clip?

I’m using the 3 prong clip…

Aren’t they both 3 prong? Lol.

I’ll assume headphone one. Increasing that light gain or whatever the setting is called (I’ll look it up when I get home) should set you.

No…it’s the one with the three reflectors that mount to the brim of the hat…really old school…

Frankly, I’m amazed I’ve had it for five or seven years or whatever and haven’t broken it…

Because the things are pretty much indestructible. I’ve had my gnawed by a cat, chewed up and carried around the house by two dogs, run over by a vacuum, had a hot iron dropped on it, and crunched at the bottom of a box full of computer parts. All it takes is a little bit of bending back into shape, and I’m back in business.

1 Like

Build a fort with stacked chairs and blankets like you did as a kid.

Wheels

2 Likes

Good idea. But I think I’m onto the next wave of technology now. Vive and Rift…pffft…we are really going to go IN the game now…

1 Like

Might have to modify the skull a bit so it would fit into one but a flat screen definitely weighs less…

Wheels

Just out of interest.

Why did you ask Beach if he used TIR from looking at those pictures at the top?

By the way my reflector clip has been through the washing machine several times and still comes out smiling :slight_smile:

Well he does some very interesting and beautiful articles in PC Pilot with X-Plane 10 along with his MudSpike articles :wink:, and I always assume he is using TrackIR. He looks like he has so much fun with that simulator. Now I have X-Plane 10 as well and like it except for me I get so frustrated with how my TrackIR works in X-Plane 10. It is very frustrating to use in that simulation. My head or viewpoint constantly moves outside the cockpit, I try and look up to flick a switch on overhead console and my head or viewpoint flies outside the aircraft I’m flying and there I am looking down on myself with no way to see or click the switch I need to. It makes for me, X-Plane 10 just plain frustrating to the point that I have not been flying it for months now. Would love to get back into it but frankly the TrackIR issue makes it not worth it for me.