X-Plane 11 Screens

Ahhh right I see. Thanks for your reply. Is that a common problem for everyone in X-Plane? I haven’t got X-Plane, I do all my flying in DCS but am thinking of taking the plunge so I can experience a few civvy aircraft for a change.

Yes…cockpit constraints in X-Plane are not good at all…and I don’t know if that is something that cockpit/add-on makers can even build into their models. When I use TIR in X-Plane, I just take care to keep my head within the limits. When I reach for my beer…all hell breaks loose.

Re: X-Plane. If I had to guesstimate my time breakdown between FSX and X-Plane…I’d say I’ve been spending about 80% of my time in X-Plane and about 20% of my time in FSX. For no other real reason other than that I really like the feel of planes in X-Plane…their ground handling, and the graphics have come along nicely.

But yeah…it has frustrating issues (weather not the least of them) which I hope get addressed in XP11…

I’m pretty sure X-Plane 10 still has some sort of demo area to try it out. Not sure if it is time limited or geographically limited…but you can try before you buy…

Has a 15 minute demo here:

For TrackIR I use X-Camera as it has saveable view limits to stop that ‘head through wall’ default has:

2 Likes

Hey RedBravo65, as Fearless mentioned above me- I can’t recommend X-Camera enough. It saved X-Plane for me.
Every time I flew in X-Plane I was seated in front of the controls as if I was a four year old staring directly at the control column. Drove me crazy. X-Camera allows me to easily raise my view up to where a 5’11" persons head would be in the cockpit and set walls around the cockpit so I don’t go outside into the cold air at 30,000 feet. You have to set it for each aircraft you fly once and then you are all set from there. It’s really easy though and will get you back into X-Plane.

Fearless gave the link already so here is the tutorial video - It’s the same information for version 2.1

Edit: for clarity

1 Like

Dangit guys. Now I’m downloading X-Camera, reading the manual, and am poking around to see what else is recommended for an install…

2 Likes

Thanks guys! I will definitely check this out.

Ah… the signature move of your trade… :grin:

1 Like

I made $4,500 on this flight…

2 Likes

In what? Fseconomy?

Or from selling the screenshot because holy crap

1 Like

Nice screenshot, from that shot it looks like it has come a long way since I last tried XP10, especially those clouds, much better than I remember, are you using any add-on for clouds or weather for those shots?

Will have to update to 10.50 and revisit.

Yes - I’ve found what I consider to be the best combination right now is SkyMaxx Pro 3.x, Real Weather Connector, Ventura Sky (free), and the XPGFS NOAA plug in. You can read my thoughts on it here:

Oh great. Even more add-ons to shuffle through.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hey @Navynuke99 - I can’t remember if I or anyone else recommended this free add-on…but it really is very nice. It populates all the non-custom airports with scenery that actually looks pretty darn good. Otherwise…you’ll find most small airports don’t have much if anything on them. It defers to custom scenery (usually - the the designers have used an exclusion zone)…so it shouldn’t conflict with any custom airports you download.

That really livens up the X-Plane world.

3 Likes

Nice. We could really do with a ‘Make X-Plane Great’ article, as it has more moving parts than an ant colony.

2 Likes

I’m still desperate to find an AI traffic generator that works over the whole X-Plane world. I haven’t fully explored X-Life…but from what I understand it will generator traffic for airports that have been made specifically for that purposes…so that leaves out the tens of thousands of smaller airports. Just setting X-Plane to have 10 or so aircraft flying around you is totally unrealistic since it generates things like SR-71s landing at GA airports and stuff.

Anyone found a solution?

I really like his xOrganizer as well -

http://www.4xplane.nl/x-plane-tools/xorganizer/

It’s a nicely laid out utility that doesn’t need to be installed to run. Lets you manage Scenery, Addons, Plugins and a bunch of other stuff.

3 Likes

That’s really nice, thanks - just starting to use it now. Love the mesh preview area bit.

Oh…shiny new thing - did not know about that one! Sweeeeet!