X-Plane releases thread

Good advice. Definitely check the X-Plane.org developer forums for the aircraft you want to purchase @TheAlmightySnark to make sure that compatibility is OK or planned…

1 Like

Ah yes, I am still on XP-10 so smooth sailing for me :stuck_out_tongue: But very good advice for the avid XP11 users out there!

Ooooh…! A local favorite…CUB - Columbia Owens SC by MisterX:

I have a story about this fence. Back in the immediate aftermath of 9-11, these fences sprang up all over the country at these little local airports. Well, we flew down there at 1AM to pick up a patient, and nobody could figure out how to get the ambulance through the gates or fence. So we had to fly to CAE to complete the transport…

6 Likes

This is the best aircraft I’ve seen so far in the way the carburatted combustion engine is simulated. double thumbs up for that!

Not sure on the spelling, carburettor in English I suppose. The device that mixes air and fuel based on the position of the choke and the pressure in the inlet duct. It’s really interesting tech that I think most pilots on here used to fly with when they were all wee little aircraft botherers :wink:

4 Likes

American’s often use ‘carburetor’ as it sounds less romantic and butch.

2 Likes

I personally am of the school of thought that everything engine related should sound French and like a dish. Preferably at the same time.

3 Likes

There’s a nice little scenery for Ohio, much in the same region @EightBall is working on. It’s called ID32:

https://gateway.x-plane.com/scenery/page/ID32

Unfortunately I cannot get this to work for the life of me. I see it is being loaded in in the log file but it doesn’t allow me to pick the water runway options, or draw any of the ramps and buildings that are supposed to be there. I checked the files in WED and they definitely look like the real airport:

So yeah, I’m out of idea’s for now and off to bed. But if anyone has brilliant idea’s then I am happy to hear it!

I’ve got the other Beaver, but sometimes wish that I had that one. Looking good TAS. I think that you are smart to test both departure and arrival airports in X-Plane before accepting a job. I’ve had some really big surprises when I was in a hurry.

1 Like

KCUB is going to look really nice on top of the just released Southeast US Orthophotos.

1 Like

Managed to get ID32 working. Opened up the DSF and the DAT file in WED and saved them again… Perhaps the export target wasn’t valid since when I went to download it from the Gateway it told me “This is included by default in XP11”.

Nice looking TFFJ - St. Barts (payware). Not something I’d hop on at that price ($22.95)…but on a sale I might grab it. It was the first airport I featured for my PC Pilot “Challenging Airports” series that started six years ago…

8 Likes

Nice looking KJGG (Williamsburg/Jamestown VA) scenery (freeware) by Belga12345 - looks almost payware quality with regards to all the details…obviously you’ll need a bunch of the object libraries…

5 Likes

Fortunately, not.

“This package requires the following libraries: NONE!!!”

Thanks for the heads-up. Downloading…

2 Likes

Note for all, the utility that downloaded a whole load of scenery libraries is unfortunately not working anymore. There is also no alternative as far as I am aware.

2 Likes

$5 to whoever flies this to our destination for the Christmas flight this year…

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/39847-hiller-rotorcycle-for-v1051-v970/

1 Like

If the destination is Austin Tx, then I’ll fly it :wink:
Talking of the Christmas flight, any ideas where we should head this year?

2 Likes

It’s never the wrong moment for some E.L.O. …

1 Like

I was kind of thinking…drumroll…Christmas Island…! (YPXM) Should be accessible to nearly everyone. Not sure on what scenery is available for it for X-Plane and FSX/P3D. I’ll have a promotional flyer go out in a month or two so people can plan…!

Wait… I knew Easter Island but—Christmas Island?
Well, TIL something… Thanks MUDSPIKE.COM.

2 Likes