X-Plane releases thread

Ah yes, well a wheels up landing wrecks most powerplant types though!

Ah yes my bad, I had forgotten about our good ol’ FOD machine, the landing gear!

We need mud flaps.

Our old Citation suffered from lots of broken landing lights from main landing gear spin up debris. The lights are super inconveniently placed directly on the top of the gear, mounted to the strut. They get hit by stuff, cold water, vibration… We went through them pretty quickly, but they are “Pro Parts” meaning when we break one, they just ship us a new one.

Damn that’s some nice acquisition team you’ve got there. I’ve got no idea about the NLG LDG lights on our 73NG series, I think that’s a line replacement, I do know it all suffers a bit in there though. That’s why the -200 gravel kit was invented!

On another note, surely we can find a better place to put the lights?! I see no reason to put them on there…

Well, we pay for it for sure. The nice thing is we have a Cessna Service Center about an hour and a half drive away…so parts usually come quickly by courier if we are in a jam…

Later Citations put a combined recognition light and landing light in the tip of the wings on the leading edge. Much better place.

You can just barely see the type we have…just above the main landing gear wheels up near the well in this pic…

2 Likes

Wow another nice one from Aerobask, they are becoming one of my favorite devs, will save a spot for this one in my virtual hangar when it gets a sale.

1 Like

Not a release - but coming soon will be the Carenado Do 228 for X-Plane. The FSX/P3D version is fantastic…so this is great news. They posted a few images to their Facebook page:

3 Likes

And the FlightFactor A320 Closed Beta is apparently ramping up in the next 24 hours. There are some requirements to be considered (not the least of which is some money ~ $80-ish)…

1 Like

Geez $80 seems a bit steep, That comes with the flight attendant too right?

I guess they are shooting for PMDG level of greatness. I have no opinion one way or the other on it simply because I don’t know enough about it. If it really is PMDG level of an A320 for XP11, it would be hard for me to resist at any price. That said, I have the JAR A320 and haven’t flown it barely 15 minutes just out of time constraints. I don’t know if I need a full study A320 or if the JAR “A320 experience” is close enough for me. I have to admit, the older I’m getting the less I find I need every single knob and button simulated. But on those modules that I do pick up that have those features (mostly DCS modules at this point)…I do find I enjoy the process of really learning them.

I know. I’m waffling. LOL…

2 Likes

I like the JAR A320, however its an Airbus, the preferred flight method is taxi, and push autopilot and then taxi to gate. Even if it is PMDG quality you are paying $80 for a autopilot sim, Is it wrong that if it was $60 i would have no problem with it but an extra $20 puts me off?

Not really - I think around 4-5 years ago the $60 price point became the de-facto “expert” level study sim price point. For reasons (profit?, declining user base?, inflation?) that I’m not sure about…that level has crept up a bit. As a techno goob - I sort of like the button pushing stuff. It is still quite an accomplishment to plan and fly even a fully managed flight from wheels in the well to pushing the button to taxi off the runway. And there really isn’t anything preventing you from clicking off the automation and flying “green needles” manually (albeit FBW) just like any other plane. I’m of two mindsets though - I enjoy all the button pushing, but I also enjoy firing up the Shade Tree Husky, pushing the primer and starter, and just flying an Alaskan strip to put down in.

I’m pretty much the same way these days, which is probably why I am enjoying the VSKyLabs DC3 so much.

I heard the A320 will only be available to a select chosen few who already own a multitude of FF modules, though. I wonder when it will be fully released to the public.

Funny thing is, I heard it was available to everyone by accident for a short time. I don’t think to many people bought it, though. It costed only $320,000!

Checks his Air Hauler company account… I CAN AFFORD IT!!

3 Likes

I accidentally bought the Alabeo C404 for XP10, believing it to be for XP11, from Just Flight.

When I realised my mistake I asked JF support if it would work in 11 and they said definitely not, and gave me a refund.

I didn’t test it. Seems for Alabeo at least, XP10 means XP10 only.

Oh - just realised I’m miles behind the times - again! You lot shouldn’t post so much! Well, at least not until I’ve caught up :wink:

1 Like

Has it been posted that X-Plane-dot-org is probably still not safe?
Basing myself off of the reddit.com/r/flightsim thread where the consensus seems to be that the .org store still doesn’t know what exactly happened, and the site is probably still unsafe.

TL;DR: Avoid visiting/logging in at x-plane-dot-org

Edit to avoid hyperlinks to said site

1 Like

Yeah, I still haven’ changed my password, because I haven’t seen either of my user names or email addy on the list. Waiting for some sort of official announcement that the site is clean. Wary atm.

1 Like

Oh man…the news I’ve been waiting for…! One of my favorite aircraft in X-Plane…

Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise v1.8 Update! - X-Plane 11 Compatibility is here!

X-Aviation and X-Scenery are proud to announce the release of the Mitsubishi MU-2B-60 v1.8 update! This update brings X-Plane 11 compatibility and is for X-Plane 11 only!

Visual Enhancements:

XP11 Reflective Glass over Instruments 
XP11 Reflection on exterior
XP11 Reflective Yokes
Subtle changes to lighting highlights on panel
New throttle knobs per the real thing

Flight Model Changes:

EGT on engine start more within realistic limits
New annunciator system with more realistic lighting effects
Texture on turn/slip indicators cleaned up to make the balls visible
Refined electrical system power consumption
Added second battery and battery isolation switches per the real thing