X-Plane releases thread

No they don’t. Maybe they do with Oculus Home running and no other windows up. I am so happy at the moment that I am almost afraid of beta VR7. I simply cannot realistically ask for better performance than I am getting now. Anyway, that’s my last VR comment as there is another thread already dedicated to it.

Another really nice (freeware) release from XCaptain - KLOM (Wings Field) just outside of Philadelphia…(the Lear has some stones dropping into that 3,700’ field…!)

2 Likes

That’s beautiful! It is now my goal to really get cracking on blairstown. The piece de resistance will be to place the stunning Blair Academy on the hill overlooking the town. Other than Blair and the airport itself, I want it all autogen.

This looks good for us bush flyers too - Marquesas:

7 Likes

Another great one from TDG - (this anywhere near you @komemiute?)

3 Likes

Any recommendations for the best X-Plane T-34C?

I cant believe the amount of very high quality stuff that is coming out EVERYDAY! Ive been missing this for months!

1 Like

I kind of like the X-Aviation T-34C - but it IS getting pretty old. I’m pretty sure it is the only T-34C out there that is done to a fairly good level. It was originally done for X-Plane 9, by JRollon, so it is definitely old, but seem to work OK in X-Plane 11 (I haven’t exhaustively tested it for issues though). It is really good in VR. All of that said, it is still selling for $30 I see…but it often goes on sale for $15 I think, so if you were going to buy it, I’d wait patiently for a sale as I don’t think it is still a $30 level module.

Also this thread HERE seems to indicate he is working on getting it cleaned up for X-Plane 11…so while it works out of the box in XP11, there are some things he is working on to make it better.

Here is a great (but longish) video of a guy that made a couple mods to get it fixed up in XP11 and does give you a great feel for what is modeled in it:

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/beechcraft-mentor-t34c-p-60

1 Like

Nonono, it’s all wrong.
Look at those car parked… all neatly inside the lines. That’s so totally not Italy.
It’s more like this. :stuck_out_tongue:

women-parking-lot1s

Especially around (but not limited to) Tuscany and southward…

Jokes aside, really well done!

2 Likes

Sounds good to me! I’ll take your advice and wait for a sale. Definitely looks good in its current state, though. Looking forward to seeing what the cleaned up model for V11 is like!

That X-Plane 11-upgraded Super Cub with REP…do you guys love it?

I’m quite tempted as a few of my study guide missions assume a Cub and it is such a ‘stick and rudder’ plane that having it in the fleet seems like a good plan.

$42 USD isn’t excessive but a discount would be nice - do these products sometimes have special offers?

I haven’t bought it - @chipwich maybe? They sometimes go on sale during big X-Plane sales…probably like three or four times a year there is an X-Plane.ORG sitewide sale that usually hurts my wallet.

I own it and enjoy flying it. However, the only taildragger that I have flown in real life is a Citabria. So take this with a grain of salt.

Good

• Flight model feels correct
  • REP features
  • Excellent external modeling, skins, and sound
  • Challenging landing tundra tired version

Could be better

• It’s a minor inconvenience, but REP plug fouling is too pessimistic at low altitude. In other words, at sea level you must keep both the RPM up and lean the mixture to prevent fouling. IME, Lycoming and Continental engines do like the RPM to be 800 or higher, but do not need leaning below ~4000 feet MSL. I think that other pilots of have mentioned this regarding other REP aircraft.
  • 3d modeling of cockpit in VR is nothing to write home about.
2 Likes

This looks nice. Not my area of flying, but I’ll probably pick it up someday when it is on sale since I love helicopter operations…

6 Likes

Wow, the last three pictures…

everyone groans

…ROCKS! :smiley:

2 Likes

I take those kind of jokes for granite.

2 Likes

Well, it was a solid one- for sure…

2 Likes

Gneiss comeback!

1 Like

I have to agree - those pictures really are marble-ous