X-Plane releases thread

His 737-200 is an absolute masterpiece and I will keep singing it’s praises until one of you has had enough and beats me up over it!

1 Like

Nice looking Montego Bay by Skyline Simulations and LatinVFR…

1 Like

Good looking Osprey skin here:

5 Likes

X-Plane 11.20 released. Hopefully Carenado/Alabeo/Thranda/JustFlight will begin updating their a/c again.

2 Likes

Above I posted that XP runs far more smoothly in VR with ASW disabled. Now that we have 11.20, the opposite seems to be true. ASW works fine and I am getting very good performance with a 1.6 pixels per display override. The happiness continues…

1 Like

I sure wish I could get decent performance with XP11 and my Rift. It doesn’t run at all well on my system. DCS 2.5 runs great though. Weird to say the least.

That’s too bad. I never fly above 500 feet which might explain why it does well on my system. And I agree that DCS is a touch smoother for the same apparent level of visual density. My three sims; DCS, IL2 and XP keep leapfrogging each other in performance and VR awesomeness. For me, DCS is in the lead with the new Caucuses, especially over the snow at sunrise.

1 Like

Hmm interesting progress report for the AirfoilLabs King Air 350

4 Likes

VSkyLabs have released their Rutan Long-EZ. It’s a lot of fun, especially in VR (which I finally seem to have working well)…

3 Likes

That looks very cool! I have not given X-Plane any VR time yet. This is tempting me but the moment that I buy it I know that the Hornet is going to come out for DCS :slight_smile:

I needed a distraction from the Hornet Hype Train. I’m sure when the Hornet drops in our laps I will be spending all my free time with it, but I have really been bitten by the X-Plane bug lately.

1 Like

This looks kind of cool. This guy is also the dude that made the Greenland Mesh and added a bunch of airports up there. Now he has added 100 airports to the X-Plane database in Amazonia…this is just part one with ten airports…so I might wait for the price to come down some or catch it on sale…

Boa Vista International Airport and Boa Vista Air Base (SBBV)
Lengh 2731m – HDG 62
O8/26
Alt 83m Asphalt

Hlaikato-u (SJLE)
Length 642 – HDG 80
09/27
Alt 301m – Grass

Tucuxim – (SDYT)
Length 540m – HDG 135
14/32
ALT 304m – Grass

Palimi-U – (SJMH)
Length 680m – HDG 135
18/36
ALT 317m – Grass

Parafury – (SJMI)
Length 710m – HDG 30
02/20
ALT 606m – Grass

Uraricoera – (SJNC)
Length 601m – HDG 200
18/36
ALT 277m – Grass

Aratha-U – (SJYJ)
Length 470m – HDG 91
08/26
ALT 474m – Grass

Uaicas – (SWAE)
Length 800m – HDG 190
18/36
ALT 327m – Grass

Erico – (SWAQ)
Length 700m – HDG 126
14/32
ALT 189m – Grass

Auaris – (SWBV)
Length 1.150m – HDG 111
12/30
ALT 757m – Asphalt

3 Likes

That was fast! Its released …whats my paypal balance? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice! I’m tempted - the Cessna 172 REP is really good but doesn’t have carb heat (it has fuel injection) and is also a bit heavier.

If you end up buying it, I’m keen to hear your thoughts.

I’m tempted too, but the spec requirements are way above my current system and I’m hoping to get another year or two out of it :slightly_frowning_face:

That does look cool. I wish there was some kind of story or campaign with releases like these to take you into all the all the airports and make it more atmospheric.

1 Like

For the AOA Osprey, this post has some great photos and info about flight settings. In summary:
Nacelle tilt
Taxi: 75% nacelle
Normal takeoff: 80% nacelle

Power settings
Vertical takeoff power: 100%
Cruise power: 74%

1 Like

Looks like the X-Aviation MU-2 has been updated to v 1.9. One of my favorite airplanes for X-Plane…

Here’s what’s changed in version 1.9:

Propellor start locks simulation.

More accurate start sequence and EGTs during start

Unfeather pumps implemented

Fuel Purge feature during engine shutdown using RCS switches.

More accurate fuel governor / overspeed governor

Accurate power lever range vs actual power, yields low thrust at ground idle

Actual beta angle control of prop pitch via the power levers in Beta region

Negative Torque Sensor / feather valve simulation implemented.

Cleaned up night cockpit lighting texture to eliminate "blurred text" in several areas

Fixed transponder ident function for Pilot Edge® network users. Was not working before.

New volumetric propellors in side view.

Small tweaks to the PBR textures for reflections.

New preferences window

to set default VFR code for the GTX330.

to set joystick preferences for power lever usage.

Updated POH

This got a free upgrade to XP11 right?

Yes, it did. And it has bee working OK in XP11. I think I noticed something a bit wonky with the gauges at one point like the ITTs were running too low…but otherwise it is still an excellent aircraft for XP (other than that I don’t like it that it doesn’t have pilots in the cockpit from the external views…)