X-Plane releases thread

YOU ARE NOT HELPING!!! :wink:

That looks really awesome.

2 Likes

Here is a really nice looking freeware SBRJ - Santos Dumont (Rio, Brazil). There are a few payware scenery packages out there for this airport, but this looks just about as good or better…!

2 Likes

Here is a really nice master list of all of the airports that the amazing “tdg” has built for X-Plane:

LINK…!

1 Like

Holy moly, that airport looks awesome! :heart_eyes::exploding_head:

Nice little addition to your New York area scenery. Apparently this works with the payware Dzerwikiiiimamacantspellhis name scenery and was missing from it. This major port area is adjacent to Newark airport in New Jersey:

4 Likes

For those that have the DDenn Challenger 300 v2, he has posted some updated files (on Aug 10) that improve the VR experience:

The update is ready. As usual, unpack it to the /Challenger300_v2_XP11/ folder overwriting existing files.

Change log:

- Changed "walls" objects, no more green walls in VR
- Added steps to the stair
- Fixed some clickzones in the cockpit
- Fixed pilots and copilot hotspots
- Added hotspots to the salon
- Preflight clickzones now hidden if the preflight menu is off
- Fixed yoke controlls by controllers
- Added "Reset Yoke position" command (cl300/VR/reset_yoke). 
- Bind it to the VR controller button (grip button in Vive case) and reset the yoke to default position manualy after you release it. Added as a workaround until Laminar fixes yoke positions.

- Fixed MFDCTL panel and "zoom to the displays" clickzone logic. The clickzone is not available in VR now, and works in non-VR even if MFDCTL auto popup is disabled in the options menu.
- Control columns can be hidden now with "Y" key
- Added FPS optimisation option in the options menu, it disables some art controlls to get better FPS in some cases
  • I don’t know how to word wrap stuff that gets formatted like that. Because I’m dumb.

Also coming down the pipe soon (perhaps sometime in September) are some improvements to the Hawker 4000 XP11

• All knob manipulators have been changed and mouse-wheel support added.
  • Added IAS/Mach change button press manipulator to speed knob.
  • Pilot side radio panel now animates important volume buttons (COM1, COM2, ADF1, NAV1/2, DME, MKR. Buttons can be latched in the down position to disable audio for that input.
  • Ground spoiler now defaults to armed, and deployment logic changed.
  • Button animations now animate the press and release (some used to stay latched in based on the dataref it was controlling). Some button light textures changed.
  • Landing gear deflections tuned for more accurate ground stance.
  • Added click manipulators on far right and far left panels under the glare shield for COMM (Contact ATC) and INPUT (changed to “IDENT” and now activates transponder ident)
  • Automatically activate pitot and AOA heat when engines or on or plane is in the air (these were previously always off!)
  • Added forward-facing recognizer lights on wing tips (previously shown in a video in this thread).
  • Autopilot logic and guidance panel button behaviors completely changed. Autopilot now only activates when explicitly selected (not when a vertical or lateral mode is clicked). Yaw damper automatically activate when autopilot is activated. All primary autopilot modes can be activated using stock X-Plane commands (no custom commands required).
  • New logic to keep airplane from diving down when in FLC mode and selected speed is increased.
  • Airfoils changed on flight model and all-moving horizontal stabilizer implemented for pitch trim (instead of as elevator trim). Horizontal stabilizer is currently not animated on the 3D model but will be planned after 1.3.
  • MFD reversion knob animated and used to control swapping of PFD/MFD/EICAS screens.
  • PFD modifications 90% complete.
  • MFD modifications are ~50% complete. Spent the last week re-writing the mapping code. Navaid/airport positions are now projected using the Lambert conformal conic projection instead of the Mercator projection, which will significantly reduce distance distortions at latitudes away from the equator. For example, at 35 degrees latitude, Mercator projections have distance errors of over 20% whereas a Lambert conformal conic projection with 10 degrees between standard parallels results in errors of less that 0.5%.

Keep an eye on this thread for updates:

1 Like

Not sure if @Troll spotted this one or not while I was away…Aerosoft Tromso for X-Plane released:

With Tromsø XP, Jo Erlend Sund and Stairport Sceneries have created another beautiful Norwegian airport scenery for X-Plane 11. This scenery depicts an extremely detailed recreation of Tromsø Airport on the island Tromsøya as well as its surroundings.

The total surface covered by the photo scenery stretches across an area of 121 km². The airport buildings come with high-resolution textures, and even the terminal interior has been recreated to high detail. Both the static aircraft at the airport and the buildings in the surroundings use custom models. Users of the TerraMaxx add-on can enjoy the winters that are inherent to this location. Airport Tromsø is also compatible with World Traffic 3 and can use the AutoGate plug-in to realise animated jetways.

Tromsø Airport Langnes is located on the western part of Tromsøya, the island Tromsø is located on. The airport is currently the largest airport in Northern Norway, serving more than 1.8 Million passengers in 2013. The airport serves the city of Tromsø, but also the many municipals surrounding Tromsø, and have connecting flights with many of the regional airports in Northern Norway. Though there are some international flights to some European hubs, mainly in England and The Russian Federation. Most flights are domestic flights, connecting passengers to larger airports with more international destinations, like Oslo Airport.

Features:

• Highly detailed representation of Tromsø Airport (ICAO: ENTC, IATA: TOS)
  • High-resolution ground image for the airport boundary
  • Large photo scenery coverage of the surrounding area (121 km² / 50cm/pixel)
  • Animated Jetways (AutoGate plug-in required)
  • Several custom buildings covering the surrounding area
  • Highly detailed building textures with baked shadows
  • Realistic night time effects and custom XPlane lightning
  • Highly detailed terminal interior
  • Custom static aircraft included
  • 3D grass implemented
  • World Traffic 3 compatible (custom files included)

And your weekly reminder that this would be a fantastic base of operations for an X-Plane Air Hauler 2 career if they would swivel their head towards X-Plane…lol…

Note - I don’t own this, haven’t bought it, and can’t attest to the quality…so caveat emptor as always…

2 Likes

I know my updates are coming fast and furious…apologies for that…but I’m pretty excited that X-Plane is really gaining steam now. @guod is probably shaking his head wondering why I’m trying so hard with current news here when I was so awful at SimHQ at providing front page news. @EinsteinEP and @Magnum50 were very good at it. Me - not so much. :grimacing:

Any-who…looks like the guys at X-Aviation have updated their very awesome Saab 340A to v1.5.1. This aircraft and their Jetstream, and their Mu-2, are some of my very favorite X-Plane aircraft. The level of detail in the VR cockpit is awesome…

What’s New / Changed:

• X-Plane 10 no longer supported
  • Steering tiller adjustments
  • Stair animation fix
  • Nosewheel deflection adjusted
  • Control surface logic adjusted to prevent surfaces from randomly moving around
  • Angle of yoke roll animation adjusted
  • Changed rudder pedal logic and added toe brakes
  • PBR glass has been adjusted
  • Altitude select is now in increments of 100ft
  • Changed door and parking break logic
  • Adjusted oil pressure warning logic
  • Adjusted avionics switch logic
  • Fixed AIRAC info for Garmin 530
  • Fixed issue with warped textures on radios when texture compression turned off

5 Likes

I noticed that it was in the pipeline, but actually missed the release! Will definitely get this!

1 Like

Here’s one perhaps for the Allan and Burrows pilots like @smokinhole - a short jump over the water to Abbotsford and this little helicopter landing site:

1 Like

Updated freeware Dallas / Love Field (KDAL) for X-Plane by VerticalSim…all you Southwest Airlines pilots should feel right at home!

2 Likes

Not really my thing (WW2)…but this looks very nice for people interested in the era. The Skunkcraft’s P-51 has been updated to a new version for X-Plane 11…

And congrats to the developer for posting some really, really nice product screens. THAT is how you sell your wares!

3 Likes

Here’s a good free one for us GA pilots - Robbinsville Airport (N87) in New Jersey. This guy has done a few other small GA airports and he does a nice job. They might be a touch overpopulated in that most GA airports these days don’t have quite this level of action going on, but it is nice to see a busy field.

I decided to take my Just Flight Arrow around the pattern a few times (great plane by the way…!)…

Nice looking little airfield…

Off we go. AIRNAV says it is a 4275’ strip…big enough even for some light corporate jets. As well, it has RNAV approaches to both ends, and a VOR approach. Always nice to have instrument approaches available.

Stiff right to left crosswind blowing. The Google map shows some trees pretty close in to runway 29, and that road…so I guess that is why it has the displaced threshold…

There are some gals sunbathing just outside of the fence…although it is pretty close to Trenton, so it might just be bodies and a crime scene…

The scenery designers offers grass and no grass versions based on what your PC can handle…

I feel my landing was being judged.

5 Likes

Interesting mod that a user created for Air Hauler for X-Plane (the original Air Hauler 1) that allows you to add your own aircraft parameters to the Air Hauler database.

Is known that Air Hauler works well with XP11 except the import of your aircraft to his database. You are stucked to use non-corresponding aircraft between AH and your XP. After some tests, I developed a software that now you can add new aircraft with the required parameters on the AH.

4 Likes

TDG has been killing it lately. Here is Deauville Normandy Airfield (LFRG):

2 Likes

Outstanding! I have been keeping my XP10 install around just to do aircraft imports.

1 Like

Interesting mod that a user created for Air Hauler for X-Plane (the original Air Hauler 1) that allows you to add your own aircraft parameters to the Air Hauler database.

Interestingly enough, Tercio, the guy who wrote this utility, is the same guy who developed the GUI for my DCS TARGET profile. A good dude!

1 Like

Hope he dives in and makes an Air Hauler-like alternative…that’d be awesome and he’d have a heck of a market I think.

1 Like

Beach, you’re on a roll! NJ on a summer weekend (and when Trump isn’t here) is a beehive. N87 maybe not so much. Somebody needs to do Sky Manor and the winery next door. I love that airport!