X-Plane releases thread

x-plane

we just need similar avatar as in P3D and then you can enjoy walking inside the terminals in VR :slight_smile:

Here’s one for the rotorheads… VSkyLabs Guimbal Cabri G2…

• Project under constant development: Development plan and evolution are including EVERY aspect of the project (3D modeling and textures, flight dynamics modeling, fmod sounds, interactivity, systems etc…).
  • Highly engineered, robust helicopter simulation which pushes X-Plane’s out-of-the-box features and flight dynamics model to its extent.
  • Highly detailed visualization of the Guimbal Cabri G2 helicopter.
  • Engineered as a ‘Native X-Plane aircraft’ : Maximum X-Plane compatibility without the use of 3rd party plugins or external coding dependencies.
  • Day/Night VFR instrumentation.
  • Electronic Pilot Monitor (EPM) - Simplified yet authentic and effective EPM display.
  • FULL-VR mode feature, enables to operate and fly the G2 without physical hardware for the pedals.
  • Built in compatibility with the AviTab plugin for 3D and VR AviTab visualization and interaction.
  • Optional Experimental/LSA grade autopilot included.
  • Perfect for new helicopter pilots and for helicopter conversion for fixed wings aircraft pilots - due to its docile flying characteristics and simple yet effective design features.

Good to see new helicopters using all the wonderful XP VR features. The G2 is a WIP and I am not sure I am quite ready to jump on it right away. VSKYLABS has been working with BC helicopters for input, textures and art. On their website they have a link to some well-produced training videos that the school has produced. Like this one…

I might have to pick this one up. So far I have enjoyed flying every one of the VSkyLabs aircraft that I have purchased. Their flight modeling just feels “right”.

Can’t wait to hear what you think about it. I have a really stupid reason for holding off but I will just go ahead and admit it: I am afraid the sound is going to suck! The B412 is superb. But the interior sound is so awful that I pull the Oculus earpieces away when I fly.

I’ve corresponded with the developer a good bit in anticipation of doing an article. He is a pilot, engineer, and aviation enthusiast…so his creations come from a special place inside. He’s a super nice guy and seems to really enjoy bringing his ideas and projects to light…

saving that for some out of context use… :wink:

If sound is a factor, then this YouTube video is probably going to be helpful. It sounds ok to my untrained ear.

You’re right! And they seem quite proud of the scraping sound effects. What a neat little helicopter! If I had a million bucks I’d buy two.

@Rhinosaurus gets Post Of The Day in my book!

Totally stoked - my favorite helicopter in X-Plane…the Mil Mi-2 by Mins has been updated to work for XP11…

To misquote Moto-Moto: “The x-plane helicopter module so nice, it gets mentioned twice!”

Piper Aerostar 601P

The Aerostar is the masterpiece of Ted R. Smith, the father of the famous Aero Commander.

The legendary designer created the original Aerostar as a no-compromises personal speed machine. This airplane set multiple speed records for piston aircraft, the 601 variant still holds the land closed speed record for a production piston twin.
Its amazing slick design and its two muscle engines bring it to stunning performances. Get ready for powerful flights!

The variant you can get here is the Aerostar 601P, turbocharged and pressurized.

Ultra High Definition Model

4K Textures throughout
Full PBR
High quality 3D model
Optimized for X-Plane 11
FMOD custom sounds

Features

Fully functional 3D cockpit
Custom menu containing checklists, weight management, cabin altitude calculator, maintenance, stats, options
Custom instruments
Custom pressurization system
Custom animations
Disengageable system for saving parameters between flights
Customizable documents holder (read your charts, checklists... in flight)
Custom fuel feeding system
Complete set of original checklists
7 liveries + paintkit

Auto-Updater

Keep your aircraft up-to-date with SkunkCrafts auto-updater
Easy to use (nothing to do, really)
As usual, updates will be free of charge for customers

Nice. The Aerostar is definitely a pilot’s plane. Those that have owned them tend to rave about them, but they do require some competence to fly safely.

It’s one of the many planes I have always wanted to fly. When I was a kid the Aerostar held a mystique similar to the Mu-2, another plane I desperately wanted to get my mitts on.

Every MU2 pilot I have spoken with says it’s an amazing airplane. Of course, I only spoke with the ones that were still alive at the time.

I am not what would be considered as being a bold pilot, so I’m glad that my turboprop days were spent in the King Air, which despite my occasionally ham-fisted efforts, never did try to kill me. :wink: .

When I was working on my private, whenever we saw one my CFI would mumble something like, “that’s a hot airplane”, or “a guy tried to kill me one night flying checks in the Aerostar”. So yeah, there is a certain mystique associated with that airplane.

That aircraft just oozes japanese vehicle design, what a lovely sight to see from the outside!

Not exactly a new release, but worth mentioning here… the FLYJSIM 737-200 is on sale this weekend at $20 off the usual price this weekend… I’m tempted. Sorely tempted.

http://store.x-plane.org/732-TwinJet-V3-Pro_p_739.html

Nothing more asinine than the Captain who pecks away at that button to get a ramper’s attention.

Ground call button integrated with the free open-source Better Pushback Plugin.

I might need to bite the bullet. Is this the on @TheAlmightySnark review a year or two ago?