X-Plane releases thread

saving that for some out of context use… :wink:

2 Likes

If sound is a factor, then this YouTube video is probably going to be helpful. It sounds ok to my untrained ear.

You’re right! And they seem quite proud of the scraping sound effects. What a neat little helicopter! If I had a million bucks I’d buy two.

@Rhinosaurus gets Post Of The Day in my book!

1 Like

Totally stoked - my favorite helicopter in X-Plane…the Mil Mi-2 by Mins has been updated to work for XP11…

2 Likes

To misquote Moto-Moto: “The x-plane helicopter module so nice, it gets mentioned twice!”

1 Like

Piper Aerostar 601P

The Aerostar is the masterpiece of Ted R. Smith, the father of the famous Aero Commander.

The legendary designer created the original Aerostar as a no-compromises personal speed machine. This airplane set multiple speed records for piston aircraft, the 601 variant still holds the land closed speed record for a production piston twin.
Its amazing slick design and its two muscle engines bring it to stunning performances. Get ready for powerful flights!

The variant you can get here is the Aerostar 601P, turbocharged and pressurized.

Ultra High Definition Model

4K Textures throughout
Full PBR
High quality 3D model
Optimized for X-Plane 11
FMOD custom sounds

Features

Fully functional 3D cockpit
Custom menu containing checklists, weight management, cabin altitude calculator, maintenance, stats, options
Custom instruments
Custom pressurization system
Custom animations
Disengageable system for saving parameters between flights
Customizable documents holder (read your charts, checklists... in flight)
Custom fuel feeding system
Complete set of original checklists
7 liveries + paintkit

Auto-Updater

Keep your aircraft up-to-date with SkunkCrafts auto-updater
Easy to use (nothing to do, really)
As usual, updates will be free of charge for customers
1 Like

Nice. The Aerostar is definitely a pilot’s plane. Those that have owned them tend to rave about them, but they do require some competence to fly safely.

It’s one of the many planes I have always wanted to fly. When I was a kid the Aerostar held a mystique similar to the Mu-2, another plane I desperately wanted to get my mitts on.

Every MU2 pilot I have spoken with says it’s an amazing airplane. Of course, I only spoke with the ones that were still alive at the time.

I am not what would be considered as being a bold pilot, so I’m glad that my turboprop days were spent in the King Air, which despite my occasionally ham-fisted efforts, never did try to kill me. :wink: .

2 Likes

When I was working on my private, whenever we saw one my CFI would mumble something like, “that’s a hot airplane”, or “a guy tried to kill me one night flying checks in the Aerostar”. So yeah, there is a certain mystique associated with that airplane.

1 Like

That aircraft just oozes japanese vehicle design, what a lovely sight to see from the outside!

Not exactly a new release, but worth mentioning here… the FLYJSIM 737-200 is on sale this weekend at $20 off the usual price this weekend… I’m tempted. Sorely tempted.

Nothing more asinine than the Captain who pecks away at that button to get a ramper’s attention.

Ground call button integrated with the free open-source Better Pushback Plugin.

I might need to bite the bullet. Is this the on @TheAlmightySnark review a year or two ago?

Totally worth it. Even better than the FJS 727 V3, which is pretty good too.

1 Like

You should hear the flight attendants complaining about the cabin temperature in the JAR A320… :smile:

Darn you guys! I might get this thing just to compare it to the -300 and -500, which are the oldest models I flew. Plus I want to see if I can remember how to use the Delco Carousel. It’s more than paid for by the discount.

Ugggh. Just bought. I HATE spending money!

1 Like

And my work here is done :wink: .

I just had a bit of an X-Plane splurge (I know, yet another one)… I really shouldn’t buy the 737-200, but it is a very good discount.

2 Likes

This was already in the previous version for XP-10! I don’t think I’ve ever written a review on the 732, although I constantly annoy people here with my love for the tinmouse! I suppose you could gather all of my scriptures and call it a review vis a vis a cult but… eeh? :wink:

The XP-11 version looks absolutely gorgeous. in XP-10 the Flightdeck to me was perfect already, probably one of the best out there but the exterior could use some work. I just looked through the screenshots and wow, does that not disappoint!

EDIT: Better Pushback was not in XP-10, that was a different pushback system, this one actually does look better.

You wrote a very nice CIVA how-to which used the “junk jet” (as we called it) for the cover shot.

3 Likes