X-Plane releases thread

Well let me help. Don’t do it! There’s is much that is right about it and very little of consequence wrong with it. But the 727 is very similar in look, feel and general old-school coolness. Buying the 737 gives you nothing you don’t possess already other than the scratching of a curiosity itch. The reason I own so few planes and helicopters is that I only buy if I gain something beyond simply figuring out something new.

Having said that, I really must repeat how totally real that cockpit feels. I flew from Newark to Orange County last night (for real) and spent half the flight fantasizing about a report I want to write about the 737-200. Today I sat in my hotel room reading a downloaded -200 manual cover to cover. I’d kill for a performance section but no joy yet through google.

1 Like

I’m having trouble comprehending you there… I think you said “Do It!” Yep, that’s definitely what I think I heard. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s just wrong… :flushed::grinning:

1 Like

Haha…two transmissions at once “BLOCKED”… :rofl:

I’m gonna just stick with the 727 for now I think. I don’t need another shiny distraction when I have so many already!

Hawk… :smiley: You could ask @komemiute nicely to paint it up as a T45… Just sayin’ :wink:

2 Likes

F-14 Tomcat in X-Plane 11.30?

4 Likes

3 Likes

What @PaulRix said.
I wasn’t really following the discussion but if you can give me a small briefing I can do it- I guess.

For Mudspikers, free of charge.

The 732 is totally different though, only two engines, smaller, its a 737. It’s a -200. Why would you not get it? Do you not love us anymore? :wink:

So to get me over the shakes from not having bought the -200, I went ahead and took a look at the freeware 737-900 Ultimate. It feels really good, and looks good, but I don’t know anything about anything with regards to these aircraft. I believe the Ultimate is based on the freeware Zibo modded 737-800. I think the Zibo is modded version of the default X-Plane 737-800. I could be wrong about all that.

Wagged some V-speeds for a mid weight, and then forgot I had RTO on when I landed, but it didn’t seem to engage…or maybe tapping the brakes disengages the system (I think it does on the Airbus maybe…I dunno). Anyway, nice flying airplane. I know nothing about the FMC or autopilot. Something to explore on another day. Default livery is plain white…not sure about repaints. The price was right…

The beta is available HERE

Maybe a list of liveries HERE

4 Likes

Sorry if that was my fault. :frowning:

RTO does nothing on landing, fortunately! Autobrakes can be kicked of with lots of pressure or by seating the speedbrake lever.

1 Like

Haha…no…I had actually sorta decided to defer on it anyway since I have a few other irons in the fire so to speak. I know I’d love it, but I still have a lot of that 727 to explore.

So this thing has a HUD pulldown, but I can’t figure out how to turn it on. I do have a HUD payware thingy that sorta overlays it, but it is only in the 2D panel. Not sure if there is a default 2D view that also includes the HUD. I haven’t read much (cough any) documentation on the Ultimate 737-900 yet…

6 Likes

Looks great. I will have to give it a try. The -900ER is my favorite. Its a bit of a challenge to land well but when you get it right it always brings a smile.

BTW, @BeachAV8R, next time set your pressurization correctly! The little amber light on the instrument panel is telling you that in 10 minutes you are going to have 188 unconscious passengers who will not be happy when they wake up. Oh, and fly faster.

2 Likes

In the 787 the hud is turned on with a brightness knob and you can declutter it with a button on the yoke. Perhaps the 737 has that too? The HUD reminds me a lot of the 787.

Yeah, I saw the light, went up to the overhead and futzed around with the pack switches but never saw what I was hoping to see (differential going up and cabin going back down)…

I’m a Citation pilot. It’s not in my DNA :rofl: What is a typical 737 profile? Something like 250 to 10K, 320 to Mach something? Ours is simple - 250 to Mach .62 then hold that on the way up…(which explains a lot of the “Medevac - turn 15 left for overtaking traffic” calls…)

Above 10, if we are not in a hurry or it’s bumpy, 280/M.79 in climb and M.79 in cruise. If we are late (or one of us has a tight connection for our commute home) 320/M.80 or whatever mach a cost index of 120 will earn. As you get lighter that will be M.805.

ps–you probably know that the early Citations had chicken wire installed at the engine exhausts to protect against birdstrikes.

4 Likes

This is rather interesting. For owners of the Carenado C152 for XP10, an unofficial but authorized free update to XP11, including a bunch of cool VR enabled features. Debates whether the FD is better than the JF C152 are ongoing.

2 Likes

:wink: The benefit, of course, is that that ridiculously slow wing is sooooo easy to fly. Thank goodness for that at 4AM when you’ve been up for the previous 24 hours… :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

I take it they have flame arrestors at the forward end then too?

1 Like

Rotisserie spits.

2 Likes