X-Plane releases thread

Looks like X-Plane 11.30 Public Beta may release this weekend:

4 Likes

Nice find on Anahim. 50 miles from Bella Coola will make it a nice hop for @smokinhole, @PaulRix, and anyone else who plays in that area.

2 Likes

Oh Cool! At 3960’ it’s just long enough for the BAE Hawk.

I haven’t downloaded but I went to the airport’s website. Such a beautiful little terminal building. Vancouver has really turned into my state/province of choice. It’s got everything a pilot could want.

Here’s another plug for Quatam River

1 Like

Obviously meant BC. (Don’t judge yet another Yank ignorant of Canadian geography)

1 Like

Same for me, BC has really become my playground of choice recently (although now I have the OrbX GB South scenery, I have been lured away into the hills and mountains of Wales for some low level fast jet flying).

1 Like

Is BC included if one refers to the area up there as the PNW?

I’m hoping that when OrbX releases their TrueEarth PNW scenery, they include at least some of BC. It will be interesting to see what area they plan to cover.

You’re asking me!? Seriously? I just called the whole region “Vancouver”!

(Another plug: You, Paul and me do a photo formation flight for your Hawk article.)

1 Like

That would be fun… I’m not sure my internet connection would be good enough though… but it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try. :sunglasses:

I have always wanted to try X-Plane’s MP capabilities. I know they are pretty weak but for a flight of 3, it should serve. I don’t have the ORBX scenery and honestly I don’t plan on getting it. I have to pace my PayPal account. But I have the mesh and so long as I am not the one taking the screenshots, it wouldn’t matter. Anyway, Beach may have already submitted for all we know, but if you want to take a moment to try it, let me know.

Have not tried it yet, but willing.

4 Likes

11.30 beta 1 is out. Looks like we have 1.7 GB of goodness to play with:

4 Likes

OrbX have released Southampton (EGHI)… It kind of fell into my shopping basket . :wink:

7 Likes

Airport in England - Check!
Weather in England - Yea not so much…

2 Likes

The good news is: in x-plane YOU decide the weather! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That looks really nice @PaulRix - eek! :money_with_wings:

@Tankerwade of all the years I spent in the UK, I could have really done with a slider for setting CAVOK instantly. It’s like the animals though, no-one dies of it… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those three bottom shots are indistinguishable from real. My how this little sim has grown!

1 Like

Actually, I’m using FSGRW, and it matches up quite well with the current METAR.

2 Likes

Took it for a quick spin. Performance seems good in VR. ATC voices are new as well, as it pronounced my local airport correctly this time.

I’m with @smokinhole on the controls, I got all set up to HOTAS it like crazy and then just ended up C172’ing around using the touch controllers and pushing my seat back from my desk. So nice.

I guess it is time for me to start downloading then!

1 Like