X4 Foundations

Wait til this summer.

2 Likes

Hmm, a bit of money off.

Has it had lots of patches and goodness applied since the last report?

Hmm I may consider getting that

You go first and report back :slight_smile:

I blew my monthly ‘bought by not actually playing’ budget on Metro Exodus, so feeling too guilty about that.

1 Like

Lol, will do. On standby tomorrow morning. If the phone doesn’t ring I may pull the trigger,

2 Likes

I refunded it. I was extremely disappointed by it. I try to make the best of things when I’ve bought them but this just felt like a sledgehammer blow of a let down.

Something felt wrong about this. I don’t know the exact reason for it but I felt it wasn’t the x series I loved but a weird bastardised version of it. So many things didn’t work properly and I felt like once again it was going to be 4 or 5 years before I got something amazing like x3 turned into.

I don’t feel like I have the time for this anymore when there are fantastic titles in my steam list I havent got stuck into yet.

I bought ‘into the breach’ with part of the refund. This was an excellent move as that game is stunning.

1 Like

This one?

1 Like

That’s the one. Sorry forgot to link.

If you ever played faster than light and enjoyed it you will Love this.

I think I have 90 hrs in ftl… And. I’m catching it up fast with this one as well.

I love them both.

I need to buy FTL for my iPad…I think it would be a good game to play while I’m sitting around at some point…

1 Like

It does irritate me slightly that there isn’t an android version…

But I can can forgive them as FTL is just a beautiful game. The music, the sounds. The style. It’s bordering on perfect.

Into the breach is about 85% as good as FTL. which sounds like a bad thing. It really isn’t.

Another similar game to FTL is convoy

Basically a clone… But on land with mad max vehicles and car chases… Fantastic (70 hours in that one)

Ohhh, I may hold off buying then.

I love FTL as well, it’s just that for the life of mine I can’t ever manage to power up enough the ship for the final encounter…

I was actually just reinstalling the series in a wave of nostalgia, when some dark corner in the back of my mind remembered this…

Who the heck named these aliens!! :smiley: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

the next DLC for X4 has just dropped

4 Likes

I really like the terran stuff in Albion prelude. This could clinch it for me jumping back in and buying again…

1 Like

No No No GIF

I can’t possibly even contemplate getting into this. Backlog is breaking me already as it is.

1 Like

Same here. I liked all predecessors (except Rebirth) but those games are a HUGE timesink.

2 Likes

I have a load of time invested in X3. I re installed it to see if I could fall back into it but I havent tried yet.
I love albion prelude.

I tried that … But there was some problems getting my controls setup … I think X3 can only see one joystick set… so it was fine with a saitek x52 it sees the stick and throttle as one item … but because I have a virpil stick and Worthog throttle… it can’t manage two devices

1 Like

I never tried that either to be honest. I played with x box controller most of the time and mouse keyboard for the (many) menus.

I can still navigate those menus by memory :laughing:

1 Like