Elite Dangerous Thread

Yea…I saw it, but I’m on the fence as well. Mostly because there are maybe 2 pieces I would use in total. Might have to keep an eye out for a sale…

The good thing is the in the hangar you can check how the pieces fit even if you don’t own them…

I didn’t know that! I’ll have to give that a shot when I get I make it to Explorer’s Anchorage.

+1 thanks

Ok, looks like some long range jumping is required for the next leg of the Distant Worlds 2 expedition. There is one neutron star boosted hop of 79LYs - time to brush up on my neutron supercharging technique :crossed_fingers:

I’ve never actually done that… Little bit nervous about this now…

You’ll see a twisting blue stream coming off the star on two ends. Pick one and fly toward it slowly. Be careful not to enter the exclusion zone. Slow down to like 8-9ms, basically idle and you will enter the stream. When you enter the stream. Pitch away from the star but stay in the pipe. You will lose control similar to an interdiction, just keep the ship in the pipe pointed away as best you can until it says frameshift drive supercharged. Then you can accelerate away from the star and jump out. Sounds more difficult than it is. You really can’t mess it up. If you enter to fast, you will pass through the stream before being fully charged. Just turn around and try again.