Mudspike 4th Annual DCS Fall Fly-In Suggestions

Introduction

To quote a celebrity: “Hey everyone.”

As part of the Mudspike 4th Annual DCS Fall Fly-In We thought it would be a good idea to start a suggestions thread where people could help contribute to what we have available during the Fly-In.

Sandbox Missions

Our primary device for missions are likely going to be centered around a couple of sandbox missions that near_blind and I have built for last years Fly-In and for our Wednesday Fibre sessions over the last year. These missions occur on the DCS World 2.5 Georgia Map (which is free and included with your download of DCS World 2.5) but also on the DCS World 2.5 Persian Gulf Map (which is not free). Although we will try to accommodate as many people and modules as we can, we will likely be including some of the DCS World Module maps - because Georgia can, unfortunately, get a little boring. We will endeavour to make sure that one server is always up with a sandbox mission and the DCS Wrold default Georgia map.

As part of that, we want to make sure that we have all of the DCS Modules available that people will want to fly. So, if you can, take a moment to select all of the modules that you would like to see available and we will try to make it happen.

This is a long list so make sure you are sitting down and have some water nearby…

Fixed Wing Poll:

• A-10A Warthog (Flaming Cliffs 3 and stand-alone)
  • A-10C Warthog
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • AV-8B Harrier Night Attack V/STOL
  • F/A-18C Hornet (ED)
  • F-5E Tiger II
  • F-14 Tomcat (we can hope, can’t we?)
  • F-15C Eagle (Flaming Cliffs 3 and stand-alone)
  • F-86F Sabre
  • M-2000C Mirage
  • MiG-15bis
  • MiG-21bis
  • MiG-29A Fulcrum
  • MiG-29S Fulcrum
  • Su-25 Frogfoot
  • Su-25T Frogfoot (Free with DCS World 3.5 Download)
  • Su-27 Flanker
  • Su-33 Flanker-D

0 voters

‘Trainer’ Poll (Polls have a max of 20 entries so please don’t hate us for rating your favorite ride a ‘trainer’):

• C-101 Aviojet
  • Hawk T.1A
  • L-39 Albatros
  • Yak-52

0 voters

Rotary Wing Poll:

• Ka-50 Black Shark
  • Mi-8MTV2
  • SA342 Gazelle
  • UH-1H Huey

0 voters

WWII Aircraft Poll:

• Bf-109 K-4 Kurfürst
  • Fw-190 D-9 Dora
  • P-51D Mustang
  • TF-51D Mustang Trainer (Free with DCS World 3.5 Download)
  • Spitfire LF Mk. iX

0 voters

Missions

The second thing I would like to gather is what, if any mission types you would like to see and/or experience. The sandbox missions we build have a mechanism, via the comms menu, to call in adversaries to face. This mechanism can be used to generate missions ‘on the fly’ in some circumstances but if there is something you would like to blow up and get blown up by, let us know in the comments below and we will try to get it done.

Keep in mind that we all have day jobs and creating a complex multiplayer mission is challenging at the best of times, without a deadline :-).

If there are multiplayer missions that you would like to suggest, send them in early so that we can take a look be remember, we want to take part in the Fly-In as well and don’t want to babysit the servers any more than we have to.

If there is something that you would like to practice in a multiplayer environment where you can get cooperation, hints and tips from other virtual pilots, please feel free to suggest it. There is a good chance (a real good chance) that there are others who want the same thing. Carrier landings and pattern work? Check. Dumb bombs, laser guided bombs, rockets? Heck ya! Formation work? Yes! Please comment below.

Additional Servers

If you want to put up a server yourself and host a mission or two we are going to encourage that as much as we can. It can be a thankless job but rest assured that other server admins appreciate the effort that gets put into this. Please comment below.

We do have a Mudspike Teamspeak 3 server that we will be using for primary communications. Feel free to check it out: link.

Other Information

Of course, if you have any suggestions or recommendations please feel free to comment below! We would love to hear from you!

8 Likes

Never mind. Posted an idea for a workshop but just noticed I am almost fully booked that weekend :frowning: will still try to fly some with you, but will probably not be around enough to make/request a workshop

Um…I don’t have a day job…if you need help, let me know. I have a reasonable amount of experience building Missions.

4 Likes

Uh, me neither. Currently no day job and no night job either. I’m stripping from time to time in a nearby bar but nobody wants to pay me for it :grinning:

8 Likes

What if the community A-4E mod is available? Can we add it, too?

2 Likes

Issue with that is if it is added, then everyone has to install it or they won’t be able to join the server.

2 Likes

Fellas, one thing we may want to consider given enough lead time:

Teamspeak 3 has really been botched up lately, both with the server updates and the inability to use emulated controllers (e.g. TARGET or CH Control Panel), and a lot of people and squadrons have migrated elsewhere (e.g. Discord). You may wish to consider creating a Mudspike Discord channel and using that in lieu of Teamspeak, or just use TS3 for coordination then switch to SimpleRadio Standalone in-game.

Just some food for thought while we still have a couple of weeks…

EDIT: it is possible to tie the SimpleRadio server to the mission , so people running SimpleRadio will automatically join the correct SRS server once they join the mission.

Mudspike has a Discord channel. :sunglasses:

Wheels

1 Like

I vote SRS, it works very good in my book.

Really? I thought it would just show as Su-27.
Although that may have been over a year ago

According to the people who are making it, yes. They changed the way files are validated a few months back. The game considers it a missing add on ala the WW2 assets pack and boots you back to the browser.

1 Like

Aw too bad. We’ll have to organize the Scooter sessions later then :slightly_smiling_face:

Awesome. Joined!

Can somebody point me to a good guide for installing this?

Is there a date yet? I’d really really, really like to make it for a change.

2 Likes

Didn’t the Harrier come out right before last years fly in?

This year has flown by…

2 Likes

So true…

Here’s a couple:

https://throughtheinferno.com/srs/

Is there a Navy skinned option? :sunglasses: