RAZBAM: Mirage 2000C

I was just wondering today whatever happened to the new cluster bombs…

Upcoming patch items for the Mirage 2000C

• Added Helmet visor position affects shade in cockpit now
  • Added Laser Code change (like F-5E) to Kneeboard if engines off
  • Added Matra Rocket Pod Burst change (like F-5E) to Kneeboard if engines off
  • Added MAGIC SELECT else PCA SELECT keybind
  • Added AA Gun SELECT else PCA SELECT keybind
  • Updates to fuel modeling for flame out due to inverted flight based on fuel accumulator quantity
  • (previously was a set amount of time being inverted for worst case scenario)
  • Updates to autopilot control laws
  • Updates to drag modeling in extremely high dynamic pressures
  • Updates to engine modeling at very high altitudes (low ambient pressure/density)
  • Updates to cold start for radio to be off
  • Updates to auto start for radios to turn on
  • Updates to default snap views based on bug report feedback
  • Updates to CDM program keyboard binds
  • Updates to CCIP for cluster bombs
  • Fixed FBW stability authority at very high altitudes
  • Fixed TDC slew movement (both with keys and via axis)
  • Fixed UHF radio mode knob logic (Off is now most left click instead of On)
  • Fixed auto start canopy should be closed before engine start
  • Fixed hot start to have external lights on
  • Fixed odd behavior sometimes with AP/FBW test panel
  • Fixed PRF mode up/down selection keybinds
  • Fixed Jammer mode selection keybinds
  • Fixed Slats EXTEND 3-Pos Abstraction keybind
  • Fixed DDM issues (azimuth, etc…)
4 Likes
2 Likes

Hoorah!

2 Likes

This is pretty cool. Love the comms discipline.

3 Likes

So …Mirage news. It might seem like this thread has ended but most of the news gets captured in the DCS World 1.5.x or DCS World 2.1.x threads. So this is welcome :slight_smile:

M-2000C Update schedule

From the ED Forum post: here

Folks,
I understand that you are anxious for news about the updates that are scheduled for the M-2000C.
Despite the AV-8B NA taking precedence in all our work schedule, the M-2000C has not been forgotten and several improvements are ready to be deployed as soon as we are able to do so:

• FM updates
  • New collision model.
  • Textures improvements

On the avionics side, I still have to start working on the promised changes, but they will be coming. In fact I think that the M-2000C will benefit from the hiatus since some stuff that we learned while developing the AV-8B NA will be used with the M-2000C.

Not a lot of news, but these are true news.

7 Likes

Good to see. I own the m2k but don’t fly it much, but the fact that razbam care enough to continue to fine tune their products long after release make my decision to pre- purchase the av-8 all the easier

im really happy too see they gonna update it … some times the FM on the mirage is a joke … cant wait for the coming future

1 Like

hon hon hon merveilleux! I shall much impress ze Vegas girls wiv my improved looks and flying skills!

1 Like

Update on the update!

For the week 2017-11-13 to 2017-11-17

Link to the ED Forum post: here

We are experiencing some difficulties with an update to the liveries. Unfortunately this problem will prevent us from releasing all the other updates since it is quite hard to extricate the broken liveries from the update package.

So, this update will be delayed to the next.

Flight Model and Systems:

• Added clickableness to secondary oil switch
  • Added instability modeling for high angle of attack with heavy loadout
  • Fixed slat schedule equation
  • Fixed jittery acceleration numbers for HUD when weight on wheels (takeoff)
  • Fixed AP flight path marker on HUD now follows pitch ladder with roll
  • Fixed airbrake not showing in multiplayer
  • Fixed airspeed shown in HUD is now proper calibrated airspeed
  • Updated slat effectiveness
  • Updated weights of stores/pylons based on new data
  • Updated engine thrust for correct takeoff acceleration data
  • Updated rolling friction for accurate ground reaction behavior
  • Updated gear reaction for smoother response
  • Updated airfoil tables for proper lift and drag across envelope
  • Updated thrust, airfoil aerodynamics, fuselage aerodynamics to match performance data
  • Updated afterburner thrust reaction to environmental conditions
  • Updated roll rate control response with increased inertia (stores)
  • Updated FBW AOA limiter behavior and response
  • Updated FBW roll/yaw coupling logic
  • Updated AP for better response
  • Updated fuel flow modeling for various airframe and environmental conditions
  • Updated AP logic so that it holds trim position when placed off, thus leaving airframe in trimmed state
  • Updated FBW low speed behavior to be more AOA controlled, previously was pitch rate controlled. Gives more accurate response and behavior in low speed feels more like a standard aircraft.
  • Updated trim control sensitivity
  • Updated FBW spin switch logic
  • Updated FBW emergency switch logic

3D Model and Textures:

• Updated HUD glass material/texture
  • Updated collision model with misconfigured line segements
  • Updated fuel tank model and attachment angle
  • Updated external model with minor specular changes
  • Updated cockpit and external model for optimized polygons and more rounded cylinders
  • Updated interior lights
  • Pilot model and textures.
  • Ejection seat and parachute
  • Improved liveries.

We are sorry about this situation, but sometimes Murphy attacks and all we can do is pick up the pieces of the wreckage and keep going.

3 Likes

Alas, but it is what it is and it aint what it aint.

WOW those flight model changes!

via Imgflip Meme Generator

5 Likes

Couple of notes on the Mirage.

With the latest DC World 1.5.8 release, although the notes do not contain any Mirage 2000C related bits, they are part of the releasethere. The release notes insert missed being included in the regular release notes … release.

Also, from CptSmiley:
ED Forum Post Link: here

From multiple feedback including some with time on the aircraft the design of how the aircraft flies is a bit different from how it was in previous version of DCS. Unfortunately rough data was available on the behavior and estimates were made incorrectly and with that many of you have gained a “muscle memory” for how it should be controlled.

Lets talk about the low speed behavior. From feedback the aircraft should be more “AOA” controlled in low speed. Previously it was heavily pitch rate controlled. Now it is more like the FBW is providing a fake positive stability feedback so that your intuition of control is like that of flying a Cessna or something. You can trim out the necessity for constant stick offset just like in a Cessna but you have one thing better, the Autopilot. As you increase speed through around 275 KCAS the airframe transitions to G-load guided flight.

What the autopilot does is get you on a guided flight path. So when you engage it, it automatically trims the aircraft for the path you are at when you engaged it or what it needs to be at for the given mode (Alt Hold for example). The beauty of how it works now (and didn’t work before) is that when you disengage the autopilot either by turning off or going into standby, the aircraft maintains the trims the autopilot put it in. The idea behind this is that for most phases of flight you have AP engaged trimming things out for you, while you use off or standby to maneuver yourself to where you need to be.

At the end of the day the behavior should be not to fly like a computer but to have a computer that lets the aircraft still feel like a normal aircraft (just with great maneuverability).

Trim can be reset by pushing the FBW reset button.

I do have some issues on hand that I need to list out that I am aware of and will working on for future updates.

Let me know if you guys have other questions on it.

5 Likes

Some news on the Mirage 2000C: source link;

"RAZBAM Simulations M2000c development team has always been aware about some of the community complaints about the DCS module not being complete or buggy, and the apparent “abandonment” of the product from us.

Well, we can finally make a public statement regarding this iconic aircraft in DCSW:
The Armée de l’Air Française’s Escadron de chasse 2/5 “Ile de France” has been reviewing the module and agreed with us to help in getting it as close as possible to the real aircraft within the realm of what can be made public.

Escadron de chasse 2/5 “Ile de France”'s pilots have flown the DCS module and while they are quite surprised about the accuracy of it, they have pointed out some issues that need to be corrected, curiously enough, most of them have nothing to do with public complains.

This collaboration has been running from some time, but it’s just now that we received clearance by the Armée de l’Air Française to make public such participation.As more authorization to reveal information on this mutual participation is given, more info will be posted.

You can visit Escadron de chasse 2/5 “Ile de France”'s Facebook page here:
Escadron de Chasse 2/5 Ile de France | Orange"

I am a fan of the Mirage and quite happy about having this level of involvement in making the module better than it already is :slight_smile:

11 Likes

now thats going to be cool … cant wait :slight_smile:

There were some not so subtle hints that this (jolly) cooperation could lead to other versions of the Mirage 2000, presumably the D. I would imagine the -5 is far too classified. mirage11

5 Likes

ooh Razbam can give us the D all night long… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Pretty big tease if you ask me!

1 Like

‘what a surprise’ :smiley:

5 Likes

Does the D have a radar that works :wink:

2 Likes