X-Plane releases thread

This is an aircraft sorely needed in DCS. I mean only if they want to sell a bunch. Simple, iconic, a blast to fly. Would be very high ROI IMHO.

4 Likes

Shhh! Don’t distract them. They have a lot on their plate already. I’ve been waiting a year for the updated 300, 350 and now this. The last thing they need is to get bogged down in DCS’s mess of tables and databases.

But… Should DCS ever become a decent soldier sim, a little insertion with guys hanging off the sides would be a hoot. We could call it “ARMA” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I still want the OH-58 in DCS…mmmm…and if you have that, you (of course) have to have the Apache…

2 Likes

I’m not really a helicopter person but I would be tempted with a super cobra… Mmmmm

we talked about AW139 in the other thread

1 Like

Yes, I stumbled across that a few days ago as well. I actually found it because someone had posted this firefighting ops utility to the X-Plane ORG and it referenced that AW139:

Until I saw that, I was unaware of the drama around that developer and the AW139. There are some people on the .ORG that are very passionate about the history of the developer. Apparently they may have used some other developers work in their product and they denied it for a prolonged period. I’m too tired to sort through it all and figure out if any bridges were mended, but if their new AW139 is their own work, and is of high quality, I’d love to check it out. I’m not against giving people a chance for redemption…but again, I really don’t know the whole story (nor do I really want to).

1 Like

Me either dude. The HobbyDrama never interests me either.

What DOES interest me is the reaction I got from my little boy when he saw your picture of the helicopter on my phone screen…

He immediately toddled off and hit the power button on my pc and brought me an x box controller smiling and making helicopter noises

I may have something here.

4 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: X-Plane on a Mac

https://www.helisimmer.com/downloads/downloads-x-plane/downloads-x-plane-scenery/krabi-outback-x-plane/

I went through a week-long rock climbing course on Pra Nang many years ago. If you have a bucket list and you like waves, sand, scantly clad girls in harnesses and crazy limestone formations, Krabi and environs should be on it.

It seems OrbX have been busy again. Earlier this week I saw that they had released Cardiff airport, and today I see that Goodwood is also available. Both look stunning when combined with True Earth GB South!

1 Like

I really hope they give X-Plane their Papua New Guinea treatment. I can’t think of a more fun and exciting place to fly some of my bush planes.

2 Likes

Would love to see this too!

I don’t understand why bush flying is so poorly represented in flight sims.
Same for scenery at large, it’s always about Europe and North America, some diversity would be much appreciated.

I’d love to fly DC-3’s in South America, An-12’s or An-26’s in Africa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMtxnkJmIQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKHi8DpUhIM

6 Likes

Story incoming ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shame on you! Uncollapse that, man! Little life excursions are what makes this forum great. I LOVE getting a chance to know you all.

6 Likes

coming soon…

Bottom-Logo-ASXP

One day our dream will come true :grinning:

(I wanted to add a picture of 2 manly guys raising their 1 liter glass of beer but google failed me on this one, this cheesy pic is all I could find…and now everybody feels uncomfortable…great job google)

1 Like

I agree! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess that it’s no mystery why I would get emails announcing the release of Active Sky for X-Plane and that there are updates to SkyMax Pro and the RWC.

Honestly, I’m getting a little tired of building a house of cards just to get good weather in X-Plane. I mean, I think at one point I had:

Real Weather Connector
Sky Maxx Pro
Python NOAA weather
and Ventura Sky

I mean…can’t I just get an all in one solution? I’m pretty happy with RWC and SkyMaxx Pro at this point…but I’d love an all in one solution.

1 Like